Can not install Intel Perceptual Computing SDK with success anymore

Can not install Intel Perceptual Computing SDK with success anymore

Hello

I brecently find the Inel has released the Intel Perceptual Computing SDK R3, i.e.  intel_pc_sdk_websetup_9302.exe

With exciting I uninstall the old one (intel_pc_sdk_websetup_8779.exe) and install the new one. But accidantly my computer (Win7 32bit) is powered off by myself during the installing of intel_pc_sdk_websetup_9302.exe.

Now even I clean all the stuffs that the SDK installs on my computer. I can't install again intel_pc_sdk_websetup_9302.exe .The procedure of installation now is much faster than before, and it will say that "Intel Perceptual Computing SDK has been successfully installed", but in the installation path (C:\Program Files) it doesn't create anymore the folder "Intel" and in the "Welcome Bar of Windows" - All programs, there is nomore the folder "Intel Perceptual Computing SDK 2013".

How can I do to reinstall Intel Perceptual Computing SDK R3 with success ?

Thanks a lot!!

Best regards

32 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Redownload websetup9302 save to other folder, after run installer maybe setup Intel SDK to other folder.

Quote:

dev T wrote:

Redownload websetup9302 save to other folder, after run installer maybe setup Intel SDK to other folder.

Ok, I will try.

Actually, yesterday, I have already tried to install the SDK to path E\Program Files, but still no success.

Today after work, I will go home and try to remove the intel_pc_sdk_websetup_9302.exe from the original folder and redownload it to another folder.

If this time it still doesn't work, I will perhaps have to remove the concerning records from the Registry one by one.

Thanks.

I'd recommend downloading the offline installer and trying that instead of using the web install.

Enming, please send the installation log file to me. The log file is in  %TEMP%/micl_tmp_<USERNAME>, you can use echo %TEMP% under command console to find the path. Thanks.

引文:

Simon J. 写道:

I'd recommend downloading the offline installer and trying that instead of using the web install.

Yes, I thought of that, but where is the offline, I used to find it (intel_pc_sdk_offline_setup_7383.exe) but the new version one, I forget where it is.

Thanks if you can give me the link.

You can find @http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-perceptual-computing-sdk-installer  But please do give me the log file before you install this offline version. I want to debug it. Thanks!

引文:

David Lu (Intel) 写道:

You can find @http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-perceptual-computing-sdk-installer  But please do give me the log file before you install this offline version. I want to debug it. Thanks!

Ok, thanks a lot.

I will upload the log file when I get home.

引文:

David Lu (Intel) 写道:

I haven't installed. Please find in the attachment the log file folder with two subfolders.

Thanks a lot!

You forgot to attach the files.

attachment

Attachments: 

AttachmentSize
Downloadapplication/zip micl-tmp-yddn.zip498.52 KB

Thanks, please reinstall by using offline installation package and see if you can install it or not. Thanks

引文:

David Lu (Intel) 写道:

Thanks, please reinstall by using offline installation package and see if you can install it or not. Thanks

OK, I will try this evening.

Thanks

Quote:

David Lu (Intel) wrote:

Today evening, I uninstall the components installed (Gragon sth, Nuance)

I install with Intel Perceptual Computing SDK + US English Language Data  downloaded from here:

http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-perceptual-computing-sdk-...

But still the installation procudre ends up so quickly. And it doesn't create the Intel folder and The SDK is not installed.

What could I do to install it ?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards

You told me you did install the PerC SDK successfully in the other thread? What is currently problem? Same as before? Please post screenshot and log if you have different one. Thanks!

"The offline installer works! There seems to be a problem with the online installer in my environment."

Quote:

David Lu (Intel) wrote:

You told me you did install the PerC SDK successfully in the other thread? What is currently problem? Same as before? Please post screenshot and log if you have different one. Thanks!

"The offline installer works! There seems to be a problem with the online installer in my environment."

Thanks for your kind response.

I never said that : "The offline installer works! There seems to be a problem with the online installer in my environment."

The precise problem is :

- I removed successfully the Intel Perceptual Computing SDK 8779 because I saw that the new one Intel Perceptual Computing SDK 9302 is published (I installed the 8779 by using intel_pc_sdk_websetup_8779.exe)

- During my installation of Intel Perceptual Computing SDK 9302, my computer is powered off by myself (stupid mistake) because a friend told me to go outside for a friends' gather.

- When I came back from the gather and tried to reinstall Intel Perceptual Computing SDK 9302 by using intel_pc_sdk_websetup_9302.exe, and it said "Intel Perceptual Computing SDK" has been successfully installed in your computer, but in the Welcome Button -> All programs, there is no "Intel Perceptual Computing SDK 2013" like used to.

- And I checked the C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel folder, the files are all old, not updated.

- So I remove the C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel folder  (perhaps the second stupid mistake)

- Now whether I use the offline installer (intel_pc_sdk_websetup_9302.exe) or the websetup installer (intel_pc_sdk_offline_9302.exe), I can not install correctly the SDK, the Nuance (Dragon) programs can always be installed, but the SDK is always said "Has been successfully installed", but it doesn't create again the C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel folder and in Welcome Button -> All programs, there is no "Intel Perceptual Computing SDK 2013" like used to.

Thanks a lot for your help.

I have another Win7 64bit laptop which is one that I use at work, I have the latest SDK installed on it, I can also develop with this one. I could take it home every evening and bring it every morning, but it is just very heavy (2Kg). So if I can reinstall successfully the SDK in my proper laptop at home, that would be nice.

When we investigate the log file you send to us, it seems there is no enough disk space to process MSI. Please double check the disk space and let us know. Thanks! David

引文:

David Lu (Intel) 写道:

When we investigate the log file you send to us, it seems there is no enough disk space to process MSI. Please double check the disk space and let us know. Thanks! David

MSI means what ?

I think the space is not a problem, because I have still 13 GB free in my C disk.

Thanks a lot

Enming, MSI is the installation package. Could you provide me the latest log file and error screenshot(if not same)? Thanks! David

引文:

David Lu (Intel) 写道:

Enming, MSI is the installation package. Could you provide me the latest log file and error screenshot(if not same)? Thanks! David

Attached the log files. There is no error, because the installation will success and the same with the uninstallation. But they both toke so little time

Thanks a lot for your patience and kindness.

attachment

Attachments: 

AttachmentSize
Downloadapplication/zip micl-tmp-yddn.zip458.78 KB

Hii !!
I have installed INTEL SDK 2013 via web installer initially.. and it had some problems..! Now removed it and installed the SDK using offline installer... But my Demo is not working..! It displays, Gesture cam is not found ....!Plz do help me... How should i proceed now ?????

Hi Arun, what is your CPU? Is it 2nd or 3rd Gen Intel CPU? Could you provide the SDK_INFO(advanced_mode)? Thanks

引文:

ENMING X. (Intel) 写道:
attachment

try to rename directory C:\ProgramData\Intel\installer\ and restart installation. it is possible that installer cache is broken and installer could not correctly detect already installed components

thank you

引文:

SERGEY O. 写道:

Quote:

ENMING X. (Intel) wrote:attachment

try to rename directory C:\ProgramData\Intel\installer\ and restart installation. it is possible that installer cache is broken and installer could not correctly detect already installed components

thank you

Still can't install. I have installed it on the computer of work. So

Thanks

Quote:

ENMING X. (Intel) wrote:

Thanks

Hi, looks like during shutdown you completely corrupted MSI database on that PC.

I would reccomend to make last attempt to cleanup from what remains installed from PCSDK using attached script.

After running this script reboot and try to install again.

--

Konstantin

Attachments: 

AttachmentSize
Downloadapplication/zip pcsdk-uninstall.zip644 bytes

Quote:

KONSTANTIN S. (Intel) wrote:

Quote:

ENMING X. (Intel)wrote:

Thanks

Hi, looks like during shutdown you completely corrupted MSI database on that PC.

I would reccomend to make last attempt to cleanup from what remains installed from PCSDK using attached script.

--

Konstantin

Thanks for all your kind helps.

I will try when I get home from work.

Quote:

Quote:

ENMING X. (Intel)wrote:

Thanks

--

Konstantin

Hello

In my computer, the version of Python is python 3.3, your script is for Python 2, but I modify the script, and it works.

But after uninstall all the SDK stuff by running the python script, neither I use an offline installer or web-setup, it will show this error as the screen shot I attach.

Why ?

Thanks a lot.

attachment

Attachments: 

AttachmentSize
Downloadimage/jpeg reinstall-error.jpg75.13 KB

Hi ENMING,

You removed C:\ProgramData\Intel\installer\ folder and trying to install from offline installer? Is it right?

--

Konstantin

Hi ENMING,

One more solution suggested to try is uninstalling MSI files directly without looking into Windows MSI cache:
1. Download msi which returns error code 1612
Links for R3 runtimes:
http://registrationcenter-download.intel.com/akdlm/irc_nas/3308/intel_pc...
If your link is not listed above, download offline package

http://registrationcenter-download.intel.com/akdlm/irc_nas/3308/intel_pc_sdk_offline_9302.exe

, unpack it using 7zip and go to installs folder where are all MSI's are stored
2. Run uninstall comand:
msiexec /x PATH_TO_MSI
for example:
msiexec /x C:\TEMP\intel_pc_sdk_runtime_ia32_9302.msi

In this case windows should not be able to throw error 1612.

Quote:

Hi ENMING,

One more solution suggested to try is uninstalling MSI files directly without looking into Windows MSI cache:
1. Download msi which returns error code 1612
Links for R3 runtimes:
If your link is not listed above, download offline package

http://registrationcenter-download.intel.com/akdlm/irc_nas/3308/intel_pc_sdk_offline_9302.exe

, unpack it using 7zip and go to installs folder where are all MSI's are stored
2. Run uninstall comand:
msiexec /x PATH_TO_MSI
for example:
msiexec /x C:\TEMP\intel_pc_sdk_runtime_ia32_9302.msi

In this case windows should not be able to throw error 1612.

Thanks a lot.

I am now developing my 3D game with Unity and SDK 2013. I want to finish it ASAP.

Thanks for all your helps.

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today