Results?

Results?

when the result will be announced?

41 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

The official rules say "on or around 9 October 2013". I assume the judgement process is not complete, yet.

--
May the source be with you.

Some lucky or brilliant soul is about to be more than $150k richer. I sure wish there were a lot more contests like these.  Fun and well-funded.  The PercSDK is a heck of a lot more interesting than pounding out some generic app or the like. :)

-- roschler

I'm wondering if we will know what our submissions scored after the scoring process is over. It'd be great and very helpful to everyone in the challenge to know what they can improve on for future versions of their app. Good luck everyone! You're submissions were all amazing.

@Wezley

Yes, It'll be great if they provide the score for each project or atleast winning project 

Anyone hear anything yet? I'm getting anxious...

nothing yet

To what I know, it won't be any sooner before end of this month! So you guys can save nerve for the last week. 

When you replace 'I' with 'We', even illness becomes wellness

Hmmm the rules said they would notify winners "on or around the 9th" and announce the 22nd. They also state winners will have 7 days to claim it so I was working under the assumption (being on time, of course :O) that they would notify winners at least 7 days before the 22nd, which would have been yesterday.

But there were delays in notifying people for project submissions so maybe that's what's going on here.

While I check back here every day to look out for announcements, I wouldn't worry until November.

--

Well I guess I should listen to the black belts ;)

Hi,

you guys can check changedetection.com site. it can notify you if anything happened on perceptualchallenge.intel.com on your email address.

Thanks
Amit Gajjar

I think that everybody need to calm down and wait e-mails :).

Wait for results is hard, but judgement process is much harder.

It won't be until mid-November, Intel just sent this email out to all participants:

As all of you know, Phase 2 of Intel's Perceptual Computing Challenge has officially closed. We are very excited to report that the level of participation was outstanding! This proves that the Perceptual Computing Revolution is well under way.

Our Judging Panel is diligently reviewing your work. Due to the high number and variety of submissions, we now expect to announce the winning Demos by mid-November.

There is new mail from Intel:

Thank you to every Developer who submitted a Demo.
 As all of you know, Phase 2 of Intel's Perceptual Computing Challenge has officially closed.  We are very excited to report that the level of participation was outstanding!  This proves that the Perceptual Computing Revolution is well under way.
Our Judging Panel is diligently reviewing your work.  Due to the high number and variety of submissions, we now expect to announce the winning Demos by mid-November.

Oh no ... for at least another month :(

Has anyone else who submitted their app not get the email?

Quote:

Wezley S. wrote:

Has anyone else who submitted their app not get the email?

Me too, I didn't get any email about the mid-November announcement.

I did not get that e-mail too

bumping the thread! Any News?

I was about to ask the same lol. Maybe we'll hear about it in the next week or two (hopefully). The anticipation has really been building up this past month. 

I do want to know if we'll know what our application scored even if we don't place that way everyone in the contest can know what they need to improve on. 

Today at AnDevCon, I heard somebody from Intel say it may take another 2 weeks. So, please don't wait too anxiously.

--

Thanks a ton Martin for passing on the information. That makes the contest run over 6 months period. I am sure many like me has invested immense time to fare well in the contest. Perceptual Computing being relatively new technology does not yet have immense penetration in consumers. At the start of idea submission phase, I thought it would be really cool 3 months time to get the hands dirty with a new technology. AppUp being removed for developers, there is virtually no place to market the apps. When I checked with game agency about probability of sharing the app, they advised against it and advised to wait till the result. With delayed process, result and no clarity from Intel itself about the future of the developed apps and technology, I am forced to think if the time and ofcourse the money and effort invested in the contest was really worth!

Till 13th of this month AIC-2013 was running, so there were something to remain engaged. All my consultancy projects were postponded till December to dedicate the time in the two contests. In the process I also missed out Tizen and Samsung Challenge. There are many factors associated with judging and results are always a chance. I don't know what to comment here! Planning to make a portal to share the apps and to see what is user opinion about concept, development and experience and open the possibility of consultancy in the domain. :(

Another 2 weeks sounds pretty fair. I hope the judges aren't too overflowed with submissions. Best luck to everyone involved. 
Rupam, that sounds awesome though. It'd be nice to have a place where developers can exchange information, project concepts, and other things related to this new and utterly amazing technology.

Rupam, i am looking forward for your idea. this is really good idea.

Thanks
Amit Gajjar

I agree. A medium to easily share more than just text messages (forum) for developers is crucial for collaboration, iteration, and innovation within the community, though this is probably a topic in itself.

I can't wait to see the results of this contest though... I feel like it's been a long time since packaging ours and sending it off! I would really be interested in feedback from others as well.

Hmmm... "mid-November" turns to "end-November" ?)

From Intel's email today: "Hello Perceptual Computing Challenge Developers!  The judging process is nearly complete and we will be announcing the winners very soon.  We promise!  Testing all of the Demos has been a lengthy process, but we had to invest the time to thoroughly review every submission.  We're in the home stretch, announcements will be made within 2 weeks."

There is new mail notification:

Thanks for your Patience

Hello Perceptual Computing Challenge Developers!  The judging process is nearly complete and we will be announcing the winners very soon.  We promise!  Testing all of the Demos has been a lengthy process, but we had to invest the time to thoroughly review every submission.  We're in the home stretch, announcements will be made within 2 weeks.

*Sigh* Once again I did not get the email from them. Time to email the contest administraitors and see if they can get me tied to a second email address or something so I don't miss futher announcements. 

I guess every one has received new email that claims the results will be announced "within two weeks". Which invariably takes it to mid December. Perceptual Challenge 3rd phase ran for about 8 months!

Can't really say I am frustrated,probably lost interest completely :(

I'm still pretty excited about this contest. I know that the judging process is taking longer than it was said to, but we did get an extra month to work on our applications. So that extra awesomeness, that we've all spent the extra time adding into our applications has to be judged. Which explains the extra time needed. The way I see it is that they're judging over 750 fantastic submissions and want to be as fair as possible and give everyone a fighting chance at winning. So the extra two weeks really is acceptable and I don't see any point is really complaining about it, given that we all received that extra amount of time to submit our applications. Anyways best of luck to everyone, you all have amazing submissions and by some of the videos I've seen this technology is going to go very far in the near future.

@Wezley Indeed ; I prefer a slow but fair judging process than a fast but unfair one :).

Got a confirmation mail from Intel about my demo selected as early app submission winner.Did anybody else get the mail?

Abhishek Nandy

Congratulations to all early demo prize winners. 

Congrats :) Don't hesitate to tell us here which entries have won these early prizes (if you are authorized to do so), though I think we will know pretty soon :)

No, I am not a contender of early demo prize. Few developers have received the notification. I just wanted to confirm if early profile form/winner notification mails are also being sent or not!

My bad, I thought that since you were knowing, you were one of them. My earlier message works for all winners :).

Congratulations everyone! Those were some VERY impressive applications. Everyone who did not place did just as well, and I'd like to congratulate everyone who participated, because as developers. The fact that we are some of the first people to ever work with this technology is just absolutely amazing.  Thank you Intel! I can't wait to see the rest of the winners be announced!

I don't understand the prize list which is shown in rules and contest page

https://perceptualchallenge.intel.com/static/docs/terms_and_conditions.pdf

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today