Perceptual Computing Challenge new Pioneer Award, Checkpoint, and Early Submission winners announced

Perceptual Computing Challenge new Pioneer Award, Checkpoint, and Early Submission winners announced

Intel has announced the winners …

In addition to the major prize winners, an additional award category, the Perceptual Computing Pioneer Award, was created.     This category is to recognize the next batch of developers who built creative and innovative demos, which are great examples in the new field of natural user interfaces.

The Checkpoint Award recognizes developer profiles which showed Clarity of Idea, an overall grasp of Perceptual Computing and a clear understanding of Intel's SDK.

The Early Submission winners were those developers who submitted their Demos before the Early Submission deadline.  These scores were drawn from the main Perceptual Computing Challenge and applied to the smaller pool of eligible Demos.

A complete list of these additional category winners can be found here: http://software.intel.com/sites/campaigns/perceptualshowcase/perceptual-computing-pioneer-awards.htm

All of these Awards are $1000 USD to each developer.  The Game Agency will be contacting all the winners immediately.

Congratulations to all the winners!

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

I created an app that recognized custom hand gestures reliably and interfaced with a completely programmable robotic head with dynamic lip sync and facial expressions that talked to you while you play Rock, Paper, Scissors and got absolutely nothing.  A real robot, not just a graphic simulation.  In addition it had a voice recognition based chat module.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=MywX_FetZZc

Wow.  Disappointment doesn't even cover it. Apparently advanced robotics combined with gesture recognition and live chat isn't considered innovative nor does it demonstrate a clear understanding of the SDK.  Ok, message received. I'll put my efforts somewhere else.  

-- roschler

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today