Help with recompiling SDK for dynamic linking

Help with recompiling SDK for dynamic linking

I have posted this query before, I think. I need help with recompiling the library for dynamic linking. Please give me a step-by-step guide with recompiling the library for dynamic linking. I haven't checked the latest SDK build, but the last I've used (R4) doesn't have this information. I hope someone can help me with this.

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.
Best Reply

Cause all the PerC SDK modules were compiled using static linking. You have to use static linking for PerC SDK application. You can not use dynamic linking for PerC SDK application.

I see. Thanks for the answer. I'll stick to static linking then.

I just thought it was possible to re-compile the library because the PCSDK Documentation says so (I've tried without success though, as I lack the proper knowledge):

For applications that compile with the dynamic runtime option, the applications must re-compile library source files as summarized in Table 4.

Source Files

Description

$(PCSDK_DIR)/src/libpxc/*.cpp

SDK library source files

$(PCSDK_DIR)/sample/common/src/util_capture*.cpp

$(PCSDK_DIR)/sample/common/src/util_pipeline*.cpp

SDK utility library source files

Table 4: Library and Utility Library Source Files

Hi David, thank you for your response. The static linking issues are really important. Yet, is there any reason that PerC only support static linking?

I'm just curious :) 

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today