VS2013 : error C1010: unexpected end of file while looking for precompiled header. Did you forget to add '#include "stdafx.h"'

VS2013 : error C1010: unexpected end of file while looking for precompiled header. Did you forget to add '#include "stdafx.h"'

Hi all...

Using VS2013, trying to create the app that is in the document titled
"How to Use the Face Detection Module"

Created a new project, typed in the code exactly as it appears in the document which is on page 3.  There is one difference though. When i created my console application, VS automatically puts a #include "stdafx." directive at the top of the main file.

Anyway, I created the source code, tried to compile, I then get the error

error C1010: unexpected end of file while looking for precompiled header. Did you forget to add '#include "stdafx.h"' to your source? c:\development\intel\pcsdk\sample\common\src\face_render.cpp

So i tried that and it made matters worse with a lot more link errors. So, I did some research on this and ran into this Microsoft article:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/d7fz9ckx.aspx

I tried both of those suggestions and again, a total mess of errors.

Any help will be appreciated!
Thanks

Error 15 error LNK1169: one or more multiply defined symbols found C:\Users\Rick\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\PerceptualComputing\SimpleCPPConsoleApp\Debug\SimpleCPPConsoleApp.exe
Error 9 error LNK2005: "public: __thiscall std::_Container_base12::_Container_base12(void)" (??0_Container_base12@std@@QAE@XZ) already defined in libpxcutils_d.lib(util_pipeline_raw.obj) 
Error 10 error LNK2005: "public: __thiscall std::_Container_base12::~_Container_base12(void)" (??1_Container_base12@std@@QAE@XZ) already defined in libpxcutils_d.lib(util_pipeline_raw.obj) 
Error 13 error LNK2005: "public: __thiscall std::locale::id::id(unsigned int)" (??0id@locale@std@@QAE@I@Z) already defined in libpxcutils_d.lib(util_pipeline_voice.obj) 
Error 11 error LNK2005: "public: struct std::_Iterator_base12 * * __thiscall std::_Container_base12::_Getpfirst(void)const " (?_Getpfirst@_Container_base12@std@@QBEPAPAU_Iterator_base12@2@XZ) already defined in libpxcutils_d.lib(util_pipeline_face.obj) 
Error 12 error LNK2005: "public: void __thiscall std::_Container_base12::_Orphan_all(void)" (?_Orphan_all@_Container_base12@std@@QAEXXZ) already defined in libpxcutils_d.lib(util_pipeline_face.obj) 
Error 1 error LNK2038: mismatch detected for 'RuntimeLibrary': value 'MTd_StaticDebug' doesn't match value 'MDd_DynamicDebug' in face_render.obj 
Error 2 error LNK2038: mismatch detected for 'RuntimeLibrary': value 'MTd_StaticDebug' doesn't match value 'MDd_DynamicDebug' in face_render.obj 
Error 3 error LNK2038: mismatch detected for 'RuntimeLibrary': value 'MTd_StaticDebug' doesn't match value 'MDd_DynamicDebug' in face_render.obj 
Error 4 error LNK2038: mismatch detected for 'RuntimeLibrary': value 'MTd_StaticDebug' doesn't match value 'MDd_DynamicDebug' in face_render.obj 
Error 5 error LNK2038: mismatch detected for 'RuntimeLibrary': value 'MTd_StaticDebug' doesn't match value 'MDd_DynamicDebug' in face_render.obj 
Error 6 error LNK2038: mismatch detected for 'RuntimeLibrary': value 'MTd_StaticDebug' doesn't match value 'MDd_DynamicDebug' in face_render.obj 
Error 7 error LNK2038: mismatch detected for 'RuntimeLibrary': value 'MTd_StaticDebug' doesn't match value 'MDd_DynamicDebug' in face_render.obj 
Error 8 error LNK2038: mismatch detected for 'RuntimeLibrary': value 'MTd_StaticDebug' doesn't match value 'MDd_DynamicDebug' in face_render.obj 
Warning 14 warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'LIBCMTD' conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library C

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Try to create the empty project and following this link(http://software.intel.com/sites/landingpage/perceptual_computing/documen...) to set the development environment. Please let me know if you still have any issue. Thanks!

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today