MyFirstApp Tutorial Errors

MyFirstApp Tutorial Errors

Greetings,

Just a quick post to point out some errors I've found in the myFirstApp Tutorial. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

-The path they give to add under the Properties -> VC++Directories (Page 7) does not correspond to the path given in the Screenshot. After fiddling around, the path depicted is correct:

$(PCSDK_DIR)/lib/$(Platform) and NOT $(PCSDK_DIR)/lib/$(PlatformName)

$(PCSDK_DIR)/sample/common/lib/ $(Platform)/$(PlatformToolset) and NOT $(PCSDK_DIR)/sample/common/lib/ $(PlatformName)/$(PlatformToolset)

-Figure 6 should be a screenshot of SDK Application Code Optimization Settings. Instead, it's the same screenshot of Figure 5.

-Page 7. It's not C/C++ -> Code Optimization but C/C++ -> Code Generation

After all this, I still got the following error:

fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'libpxcutils_d.lib'

Consulting this thread here: http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/405256 I figured out I had to add '$(PCSDK_DIR)sample\common\lib\$(Platform)\$(PlatformToolset)' to Properties/Linker/General/Additional Library Directories. Would be maybe useful to add into the tutorial.

Regards,

A.

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Yes, there is some error in the docs and we will fix it in the feature release. Thanks for the inputs and support.

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today