Intel Realsense and Hardware Features Laptop

Intel Realsense and Hardware Features Laptop

Hi there

My name is Josué Castañeda Tronco, I have doubts about the Hardware support for Intel RealSense. I want to participate in the "Intel Realsense App Challenge 2014" I want to know what are the must have of features the laptop to develop, in the "Intel RealSense SDK" and if I buy a laptop that model is recommended?

Also I want to know where I can download the "Intel RealSense SDK"?

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Hi there!  You should have a laptop with Windows 8.1 and an Intel 4th Generation processor chip.  That is any chip from the 'Ivy Bridge' era onwards that has i3, i5 or i7 in its name.  

So any i3, i5 or i7 laptop you buy now would have a 4th Generation processor.  Make sure in the laptop's technical specification though that the processor is one of these, as there are also budget laptops with non-iChip architecture that likely won't work with the camera and SDK software.  

The SDK is not available for download yet.  A precise release date has not been announced but Intel expect to release it towards the end of September.  Here's the SDK info page.

https://software.intel.com/en-us/realsense/intel-realsense-sdk-for-windows

Best of luck! 

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today