I'm looking for Perceptual Computing SDK !

I'm looking for Perceptual Computing SDK !

Hello.

I'm Japanese university student.

I want to use PerC SDK, but can't download official installer.

I have SENZ3D camera so that I can't RealSense SDK.

Please help me ;;

21 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Hi Takahiro!  The 2013 PerC SDK is no longer available for download as Intel have replaced it with the 2014 RealSense SDK.

The 2013 Senz3D cam will apparently work with the 2014 SDK with some of its functions such as emotion and speech recognition, object tracking, face tracking and synthesis.  What will not work with the Senz3D cam are features that use depth analysis and infra-red feeds, as these are RealSense cam features.  Hope this helps!.

PM sent to Takahiro.

David

Hi Marty,

Given many developers purchased Senz3D cameras and have put a great deal of effort into PerC only for the RealSense SDK to require a new investment are Intel considering swapping out the GestureCams for developers?

Any sensible reason for pulling PerC SDK before the new cameras are available? 

David

Hi David,

I'm just a fellow contest entrant and not an Intel employee, so I don't have the inside track on info about Intel's plans for RealSense.  :)  

In reply to your question though, Intel's intention is to encourage as many people as possible to migrate from the 2013 PerC SDK and the Senz camera to the 2014 RealSense SDK and the RealSense cam.

Here's their info page about the withdrawal.

https://software.intel.com/en-us/vcsource/tools/perceptual-computing-sdk...

Like I said, I don't have special inside knowledge so can only follow the threads that I've seen from public documentation and attending the RealSense webinar a couple of months back.  It was recommended by a senior member of the RealSense team that entrants should use the 2014 SDK rather than try to make their app with the 2013 version due to complications that might be caused by trying to make code that worked in the 2013 SDK work with the 2014 SDK.  I guess that may part of the reasoning about pulling the 2013 SDK.

There is a sense that 2013 was a first-step learning period for Intel about perceptual computing and they are now applying the lessons learned to RealSense.  It was said at the webinar, for example, that the 2014 SDK asks for Windows 8 and a 4th Generation CPU so that RealSense's potential wasn't held back by having to support old legacy tech.

Hi Marty,

Understood and I'm sure you'll agree that it would really help Intel's cause if they made it simple for developers who have worked with PerC SDK and also invested in the GestureCam to be able to upgrade their hardware for little or no cost. 

David

I can certainly sympathize to a certain extent.  Unfortunately, pioneering at the cutting edge of tech means that sometimes you're going to chop down barriers and sometimes you're going to get paper cuts when there's rapid change in tech.  Buyers of videogame consoles used to get burned a lot like this in the old days before the number of platforms thinned down to just Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo.

As the camera isn't released yet, it's possible that Intel will have a trade-in program up its sleeve that it'll announce once the cam goes on sale.  Such trade-in programs are certainly common in other fields of hardware products.  We'll find out soon.

I don't think the console analogy quite works but I understand your sentiments.

Let's hope there is some sort of swap program because as Intel no longer host PerC the old cameras are now doorstops.

David 

Hi David and Marty,

I apologise for the delay in replying to you.

I appreciate your big help !

Takahiro

Hello Friends,

I am in an urgent need for the PreC SDK R8 offline installation.

Can anyone please send me a PM for that.

Thanks in advance. Oren.

Dear All,

To continue to use your Creative SenZ3D camera or the SoftKinetic DepthSense 325 feel free to download iisu 3.6 here:

http://www.softkinetic.com/en-us/support/download.aspx

It includes the original hand tracking features plus additional tools and samples.

If you're excited by VR, please check out our www.reachVR.com challenge. You'll find everything you need to use your camera with the Oculus Rift!

Best,

The SoftKinetic team

Hi

Can you please PM the link of PC SDK 2013 offline installer?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Ajmal,

PM sent,

David

Hi

Could I also have a PM for the SDK

Regards Phil

Hi Phil,

PM sent,

David

Hi David,

It would be great if I can have the SDK. Would you mind to send a PM? 

Thank you,

HSB

PM sent,

David

Hi David,

Could I please have the file as well?

Thank you,

PMs sent to a few people. Apologies for delay as I have been travelling.

David

Hey David,

Could you send me the file?

Thank you,

Nate

Hi

Could I also have a PM for the SDK

this time I'll save a backup copy

thank you!

James

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today