We are glad to announce new public release!
This version of the Intel Performance Tuning Utility introduces the following new features and enhancements:
- Overtime view displaying the sampling data collected during the experiment chronologically. It can be used to:
- Compare time distribution of events/ratios
- Analyze changes in CPU operating frequency using a turbo factor (useful for processors with Intel Turbo Boost Technology available starting from the Intel CoreTM i7 processor family)
- Hotspot view with Loop Granularity
- Ability to show function call counts per call site and basic block execution counts from experiments collected using event-based sampling profiles
- vtbwrun tool for measuring and displaying memory, QPI, PCI, and network bandwidth in real time for Intel CoreTM i7 processor family
- New CPUs support: ability to recognize CPU and do basic sampling on it
- New predefined tuning profiles: opportunity to use methodologies developed by tuning experts
- Bug fixes and minor improvements:
- Added abilities to start sampling collection paused and pause/resume it from GUI).
- Improved handling collections that involve hundreds and more modules.
- and others