PTU 3.1 Update 3 crash

PTU 3.1 Update 3 crash

I used PTU 3.1 on a specific application reliably a souple of months ago. Now with the same application, PTU crashes everytime while performing a basic statistical callgraph with the default settings - hotspot analysis, time-based sampling etc. The debugger tells me the following:

Unhandled exception at 0x78144a51 (msvcr80.dll) in ismimp.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00000000.

Let me know if there is any other information that I can provide. This is a great tool and I'd like to get it working again.

Thanks,

--Mark

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Quoting - mfoglema

I used PTU 3.1 on a specific application reliably a souple of months ago. Now with the same application, PTU crashes everytime while performing a basic statistical callgraph with the default settings - hotspot analysis, time-based sampling etc. The debugger tells me the following:

Unhandled exception at 0x78144a51 (msvcr80.dll) in ismimp.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00000000.

Let me know if there is any other information that I can provide. This is a great tool and I'd like to get it working again.

Thanks,

--Mark

Can we get a copy of the application (and pdb files if this is windows)..instructions etc....so we can reproduce the issue?

how is the application built?

Do you have a premier support account for vtune? (premier.intel.com)
you could submit the issue there..and put in the case notes that David L asked for the test case

d

Quoting - levinth

Can we get a copy of the application (and pdb files if this is windows)..instructions etc....so we can reproduce the issue?

how is the application built?

Do you have a premier support account for vtune? (premier.intel.com)
you could submit the issue there..and put in the case notes that David L asked for the test case

d

Thanks for replying. I am trying to get my premier support account setup to cover vtune and will send more information there when that becomes possible.

Quoting - mfoglema

Thanks for replying. I am trying to get my premier support account setup to cover vtune and will send more information there when that becomes possible.

perfect..I will alert the support team that this is coming in through that channel...be sure to add that I told you to do this..(we don't support PTU with premier....but I need the test case to help you)

by the way..what OS/platform/compiler???

need to know these things very precisely

thanks

d

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today