Problem with License Manager

Problem with License Manager

Hi!
I received following error message while installing Intellicense manager:
"Setup was unable to start the Intel License Manager for FLEXlm. Make sure you have a valid license file"
This error appear when i use combined license file and even i use initial license files received from Intel.

Environment for Intellicense manager installing isWindows 2008 Server Standard 32-bit.
Host name and host id parameters correspond with server name and mac address one of NICs.

Anyone have ideas?

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Hello,

Could you tell me which Intel product you are trying to install? is it the first time you install Intel product?

Thanks,
Wise

Quoting - (Intel)
Hello,

Could you tell me which Intel product you are trying to install? is it the first time you install Intel product?

Thanks,
Wise

I'm trying to install Intel C++ Compilerand IntelFortram Compilerboth and trying to use Intel License Manager to propagate floating licenses. Now I think the problem is secondary NIC and it's MAC as host ID for Licence manager, because HP Proliant DL320G5p which I use as host for license manager have primary NIC as management interface (known as iLO).
And now, as I understood I must request updated license files those binded to IP address instead MAC address.
Is this correct?

Quoting - alinikiet.ru

I'm trying to install Intel C++ Compilerand IntelFortram Compilerboth and trying to use Intel License Manager to propagate floating licenses. Now I think the problem is secondary NIC and it's MAC as host ID for Licence manager, because HP Proliant DL320G5p which I use as host for license manager have primary NIC as management interface (known as iLO).
And now, as I understood I must request updated license files those binded to IP address instead MAC address.
Is this correct?

Yes, please try it again.
My email address is wise.chen@intel.com

Thanks,
Wise

Quoting - (Intel)

Yes, please try it again.
My email address is wise.chen@intel.com

Thanks,
Wise

What I should to do again? What you mean as you say "try it"?

Quoting - alinikiet.ru

What I should to do again? What you mean as you say "try it"?

Hello,
Please take a look at the following article and let me know if this helps:
http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/installing-license-server-on-vi...

This article is for both Vista or Windows 2008 Server.

Chuck

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today