floating license doesn't recognize new version

floating license doesn't recognize new version

Hello,

I am new to the license management, so forgive me for sounding so newbish.
We have Intel Visual Fortran 9.0 with a 2 seat floating license that runs on FlexLM.

We have Visual Studio 2008, so I assume we need to upgrade to Fortran 11, correct?
One of our power users installed Verision 11 that we had in a different department. When he installed it, he received an error that the license(I'm paraphrasing) was incompatible with this version of Fortran.

What are my next steps? Do I need to purchase a license compatible with the latest Fortran? How do I go about that?

Many thanks for any replies.

Sam

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Quoting - farmersam
Hello,

I am new to the license management, so forgive me for sounding so newbish.
We have Intel Visual Fortran 9.0 with a 2 seat floating license that runs on FlexLM.

We have Visual Studio 2008, so I assume we need to upgrade to Fortran 11, correct?
One of our power users installed Verision 11 that we had in a different department. When he installed it, he received an error that the license(I'm paraphrasing) was incompatible with this version of Fortran.

What are my next steps? Do I need to purchase a license compatible with the latest Fortran? How do I go about that?

Many thanks for any replies.

Sam

Hi Sam,

I see that you have a Intel Visual Fortran Compiler Professional Edition for Windows* , single user license registered with your e-mail address. I have resend the license file to you. I don't see a floating license registered with your e-mail address.

You will have to send us both the floating license numbers you are referring to, so that we can help you with this issue. (For single user license, If the serial number doesn't work use the license file.) But for floating license, sending us the log file will help us understand the issue better.

Please do not post serial numbers or confidential information in normal posts, such information must be shared via private replies

Thanks
Shamla

Quoting - Shamla (Intel)

Hi Sam,

I see that you have a Intel Visual Fortran Compiler Professional Edition for Windows* , single user license registered with your e-mail address. I have resend the license file to you. I don't see a floating license registered with your e-mail address.

You will have to send us both the floating license numbers you are referring to, so that we can help you with this issue. (For single user license, If the serial number doesn't work use the license file.) But for floating license, sending us the log file will help us understand the issue better.

Please do not post serial numbers or confidential information in normal posts, such information must be shared via private replies

Thanks
Shamla

Hi Sam,

I had this thread set as private, hoping that you will send in your serial numbers. I have reset this back to a normal thread. Please don't post the serial numbers here. You can submit an issue in premier.intel.com and reference this thread in there.

One you give us the floating license number, we will be able to tell you what the license is for, when it will expire, what versions can be used with it etc?

Thank You
shamla

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today