IFORT installation on new system yields 'Invalid license file' error with single license and support service license expired

IFORT installation on new system yields 'Invalid license file' error with single license and support service license expired

Hi,

I would like to install Intel Fortran Compiler (linux) 10.01.012 on a new system. I have acquired a single license in October 2007 and installed version 10.0.26 on a system which I am still using.

However I want to remove that old system and install the Intel Fortran Compiler on a new system. Therefor I downloaded the l_fc_p_10.1.012.tarwhich was the latest version that my service license allowed.

When I switch to root and run the install.sh on the new system, I answer to provide a license file and point correctly to the license file that I copied to the new system from the email received after registering the product when it was originally purchased. Next thing the installation routine gives the error 'invalid license file'.

I assume the license file is locked to a specific system probably by its host-id. Is there any way to move to a new system without buying a new license?

Thanks for your help,

Alex.

1 post / 0 new
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.