Is switching the license to another computer allowed?

Is switching the license to another computer allowed?

Hi,I'm a user of the Intel Visual FORTRAN Composer and the license type is single for academic. I'll move to another lab during the summer and move back in three month, but I'm not going to bring the work station with me. I'm wondering if it's possible to install the sofeware on the computer in the new lab for the summer, and recover the old one when I move back. There will be only one computer with the sofeware installed at anytime.If it's possible, how do I do it? Deactivate and reactivate? Thanks for your help.Best regards,Jason

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Jason,

You can install your Intel Visual Fortran Composer XE single-user license on an unlimited number of computers provided that you are the only individual using the product and only one copy of the product is in use at any one time. So there is no problem if you install your license on a different machine during summer, but please take care that nobody else will use the Composer on your current machine while you are out (you may remove the licesne file or uninstall the Composer on that machine).
Does this help?
Hubert.

Hi all

I have a similar question. We purchased a license for Intel Fortran Composer XE 2011. We installed it on a server but now need to move it to a laptop for more mobility. We won't ever need to use it on the server again so we can uninstall it from there. Will I have any problems? The Model is VFB110WSGB01Y.

Thanks for the help!

--greg

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today