Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Evaluation Extension License Error?

Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Evaluation Extension License Error?

I had extended my initial 30 day evlauation of Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 to the full 90 day evaluation 4 days before expiration. I received an email with a registration key to be used to extend the trial and entered it into the Register Product dialogue box under the Help menu. The email contained no new license, just the registration key. If I open that dialogue box today, it reads that there are 42 days left in the evaluation period. However, when I try to compile fortran code, I get an error that reads:

Error: A license for FCompW could not be obtained
1>Your license has expired.
1>License file(s) used were (in this order):
1> 1. Trusted Storage
1> 2. C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Common Files\\Intel\\Licenses
1> 3. C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\Intel\\Licenses
1> 4. C:\\PROGRA~2\\Intel\\COMPOS~1\\bin\\ia32\\*.lic
1>Please visit to obtain license renewal information.
1>ifort: error #10052: could not checkout FLEXlm license

Visiting the suggeted website did not help. If I enter my email address and serial number given to me for my initial 30 day evaluation, I am given an error, and told that I have already registered my product for an evaluation extension. I then created an intel account and see no way of linking my product evaluation to this account to request a new license, which after some research, I found out could be a possible fix for my error.

I am looking for a solution to fix this licensing error so that I may continue to use the evaluation. As trivial as the solution may possibly be, I can not find one. I would greatly appreciate any help.

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Could you please provide me the Serial Number of the product.

Note:-Please make the Post Private before posting the SN.

My microsoft visual studio 2010 evaluation period has been expired.Now it is asking to provide a product key for it. I dont know what is the product key for it. What i should do now.

The question above should be addressed to Microsoft as it pertains to MS Visual Studio, not to an Intel Product.

Intel Developer Support

This issue has been resolved. If you have a similar question please start a new thread to ensure your issue is being addressed in a timely manner.

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today