Licensing Issue

Licensing Issue

Windows 7

Dell M4700

Have previously been running an evaluation version of 10.1 (required for legacy support).

Have purchased licence and installed 2013 XE. Licensing process apparently successful.

Receive this:

Error: A license for FCompW could not be obtained

Your license is not current enough to allow you to use this

newer version of our software.  Usually this occurs because

your support services license expired before we created this

version.  You will need to purchase a new license.

License file(s) used were (in this order):

1.  Trusted Storage

2.  C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\Licenses\w_24566_H9NGGMGH.lic

3.  C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\Licenses\w_H9NGGMGH.lic

4.  C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\Licenses

5.  C:\PROGRA~2\Intel\COMPOS~1\bin\ia32\*.lic

Please visit to obtain license renewal

ifort: error #10052: could not checkout FLEXlm license

I'm pretty mystified and have been sloshing around the Intel site for quite some time. Just getting to the user forum without endlessly being redirected to a page that wants me to buy the software (I did that already!) has been a little tedious.

Any suggestions, please?

Thanks in advance,

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

I don't see anything wrong with your license in our system - I will move this thread to our licensing forum where experts can help you.

Steve - Intel Developer Support

Thanks, Steve...

Hi Damian,

Your license looks good to me.  I've resent the license file to you via email.  Please launch the installer again, and select to use the license file to activate the product.  Let me know if this works.

Thank you.
Feilong H.
Intel Developer Support

Tools Knowledge Base:

Alternatively, copy the license file C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\Licenses\, then launch the installer.  It should be able to see the license file, and activate with it.

I'm still fairly baffled but it's working now.

- copied the license file into the correct location and renamed the other (two) license files to .cil to get them out of the way

- attempted to configure the existing license manager by pointing at the license file - message "The file you selected is not a valid counted license"

- uninstalled and reinstalled Intel FlexLM, pointed at the file again, received the same message

- randomly just decided to try the command prompt again...only to find it works just fine now

I know I'm not making it upbecause in the same command window I have:

ifort: error #10052: could not checkout FLEXlm license

C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Composer XE 2013>ifort
Intel(R) Visual Fortran Compiler XE for applications running on IA-32, Version 1 Build 20130313
Copyright (C) 1985-2013 Intel Corporation.  All rights reserved.

ifort: command line error: no files specified; for help type "ifort /help"

(In other words the successful running of the command is the very next thing on from yesterday's failed attempt).

So in summary I'm not really sure what has gone on but the re-sent license file appears to have resolved the issue, if not my confusion!

Hi everyone,

I just updated my FORTRAN compiler using the software manager and now I have exactly the same problem.

Is there an easy solution?

My license is RB5X-25LRH2ZP

Here is also a screen shot of the licenses status

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today