Being able to open, save, save as, or open and save after download of software files

Being able to open, save, save as, or open and save after download of software files

I cannot open or save my software files after a download is performed: What happens is the following:

I have navigated through the intel.com web site to the point where I can specify the software product I: want to download. Then I start the download. I get notifications to "wait..". Then after about 1 1/2 hours, the "wait.." indications disappear, and a small windows appears at the bottom of the monitor screen, with the statement, "Do you want to open or save?. 'w_ccomp_2013_sp1_3_202_exe' (1.53 GB)". I had already registered this product at the Intel Registration Center. However, my problem might be caused by the fact that I have a "sick" computer. (I am running Windows 8.1 and IE 11).

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

If you select 'Save' does it prompt you for the folder to save it?

Have you searched all of C:\ for that filename?

IE should be saving things to your Downloads folder - is there anything in there? 

It could be a sick computer, but you may try a free copy of Chrome to see if the problem persists.

ron

Hello Gordon,

Have you also tried the online installing? If you still got downloading problems, it would be helpful if you can provide some screenshot for this problem.

Thank you.
--
QIAOMIN.Q
Intel Developer Support
Please participate in our redesigned community support web site:

User forums:                   http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today