gcc and g++ issues

gcc and g++ issues

Hello,

I am using Intel's System Studio on an embedded Fedora 14 64-bit OS. I have sourced the iccvars.sh so the compiler's enviroment should be completely set up. I attempt to compile a simple "Hello World" C++ file using the comand "icpc helloworld.cpp" and I get this error in return : "icpc: error #10001: could not find directory in which g++ resides". I have looked locally for a gcc or g++ files but to no avail. Does anybody have any ideas on how to resolve this or go about compiling a c/c++ file in another way. Thanks in advance for the help

Twain Glaser
3 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Dear Twain,

the Intel(R) C++ Compiler relies on an existing binutiles and GCC installation eitehr in the form of a cross-build toolchain or in the form of a native compiler. I suspect that specificlly in your case the g++ support is missing on your Linux build and thus libraries for C++ compilation our compiler relies on. The package you are looking for is something like gcc-c++-4.x.0-x.fc14.x86_64.rpm. The easiest way to install it would be to run

yum install gcc-c++

or if you need everything:

yum groupinstall "Development Tools"

As you succesfully installed our Intel System Studio you do however have the C components installed most likely. Just C++ seems to be missing.

Thanks, Rob

Thanks Rob!

You were correct, I just seemed to be missing the C++ components. Thank you again for the amazingly fast response and assistance.

twain

Twain Glaser

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today