TBB 4.1 Update 3 stable release is available for download on our site - tbb41_20130314oss
Changes (w.r.t. Intel TBB 4.1 Update 2):
- Binary files for Android* applications were added to the Linux* OS package.
- Binary files for Windows Store* applications were added to the Windows* OS package.
- Exact exception propagation (exception_ptr) support on Linux OS is now turned on by default for GCC 4.4 and higher.
- Stopped implicit use of large memory pages by tbbmalloc (Linux-only). Now use of large pages must be explicitly enabled with scalable_allocation_mode() function or TBB_MALLOC_USE_HUGE_PAGES environment variable.
Community Preview Features:
- Extended class task_arena constructor and method initialize() to allow some concurrency to be reserved strictly for application threads.
- New methods terminate() and is_active() were added to class task_arena.
- Fixed initialization of hashing helper constant in the hash containers.
- Fixed possible stalls in concurrent invocations of task_arena::execute() when no worker thread is available to make progress.
- Fixed incorrect calculation of hardware concurrency in the presence of inactive processor groups, particularly on systems running Windows* 8 and Windows* Server 2012.
Open-source contributions integrated:
- The fix for the GUI examples on OS X* systems by Raf Schietekat.
- Moved some power-of-2 calculations to functions to improve readability by Raf Schietekat.
- C++11/Clang support improvements by arcata.
- ARM* platform isolation layer by Steve Capper, Leif Lindholm, Leo Lara (ARM).