Missing TXT Error Status/Errorcode

Missing TXT Error Status/Errorcode

Hello moderators, 

I'm doing some experimenting with TXT in my own driver. When I issue the GETSEC[SENTER] command, the system crashes as I expect (since I don't think I have everything set up right yet), but confusingly there is no error code to tell me what I'm doing wrong.

I read physical memory addresses 0xFED3000 + 8 (TXT.ESTS - Error Status) and address 0xFED30000 + 0x30 (TXT.ERRORCODE). But both values are still set to 0.

Can you please explain under what conditions these fields would not be updated on SENTER crash?

Thank you very much.

V/r

Charles York

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Also since Charles Bushong was pointing out that he had seen this before, I suppose I should post the laptop model/hardware just incase this is a known issue.
I'm testing with an HP Elitebook 2540p. It has a Core i5 = M560 @ 2.67 GHz (1st gen core i series). CPU-Z reports a chipset of "Intel Havendale/Clarkdale Host Bridge" rev 02, and southbridge of QM57 rev 05.
For what it's worth, Flicker is reported to work on this machine, and it has Version F 23 of the BIOS which is the latest.
V/rCharles York

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today