Work flow in CVF

Work flow in CVF

I am moving from a standard Unix Fortran work environment (with make files) to CVF. I'm looking for suggestions for a streamlined work flow, specifically ideas about nesting "projects" within "workspaces", dependencies, etc.

For a start, I've slightly altered some Fortran code to serve as a dll that can be accessed by Excel, and I have a tiny main program console app to drive/test it. I've included both the console app and the dll as separate projects in the same workspace. But, actually, it's sort of a pain to have to switch back and forth, compiling the dll, then reexecuting the driver.

Is there an obvious and simple way to do this so that, if I make a change in either the main program or the dll, a single command or keystroke will compile, link, and execute the appropriate pieces?

As you can guess, I am confused about how "dependencies" work in CVF. Did I miss a key chapter in the documentation somewhere? I can't find a word written about how to set dependencies or what they mean.

Many thanks for any advice you folks might have for me.

Tom Kreutz

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Project..Dependencies. Make the main project dependent on the DLL project. This has the side benefit of automatically linking the DLL's export library into the main project.

Steve

Steve - Intel Developer Support

Steve,

Thanks very much for your helpful suggestion. That indeed does make things easier.

Tom

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today