NMAKE

NMAKE

Hello,

I have some problems with NMAKE. My program toto needs some include files (*.H). I give them in the Project Settings.
Then I do export Makefile. And I want to use NMAKE instead of build. I do NMAKE /F toto.mak, It doesn't find the include files and doesn't compile
Do you know why ?

thanks

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Hi,

I see my problem but I don't know how to solve it. I've given the path for the include files in the project Settings, but in the file *.dep it uses a $INCLUDE different and the same for all includes : ./VC98/INCLUDE
So I can't compile with nmake. When using export makefile how can I do for given the right paths of include files to the files project.dep and project.mak in order to use nmake ?

thank you

If you specified the Include path under Project..Settings..Fortran..Preprocessor//INCLUDE and USE Paths, then that is exported to the makefile. (I tried this). Be sure to specify it for both Debug and Release configurations.

The paths listed under Tools..Options..Directories are not used - instead, the environment variable INCLUDE is used. This is set up by the "Fortran Command Prompt" shortcut or by running DFVARS.BAT (or IFCVARS.BAT for Intel Fortran).

Steve

Retired 12/31/2016

I have different include paths for different include files for each project. I specified these paths under Project .. Setting ..Fortran..Preprocessor//InCLUDE etc...
That's OK it's exported to the makefile BUT it doesn't take into account when I use nmake /f project.mak.
It takes the INCLUDE environment variable to locate INCLUDE files, so there is only one path include and it's not one of mine. First I don't want to put all my include files in only one directory and I want to choose my owns paths. how can I do to suppress this environment variable and to forced the nmake to find the include files in the right places ?

In the same way when I use start project.exe it open a console and close it quickly so I can't see my execution like I do with Build/execute project.exe. I think its a environment variable problem too ?

thanks

I suggest you edit the makefile as needed - I'm not sure why all the paths aren't being properly used. We have limited control over what goes in to the makefile.

When you run console apps outside of Developer Studio, the console window goes away when the program exits. I showed how to prevent that in a Newsletter article here.

Steve

Retired 12/31/2016

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today