C and Fortran Object code in the same static library

C and Fortran Object code in the same static library

Good afternoon,

I just installed Intel fortran 7.0 in my visual.net environment. I am trying to create a static library project which would contain C source code (Microsoft tools) and Fortran from Intel.
I created the library using the intel fortran wizard, but after having added the source code to the project, it seems that only the fortran is compiled. What am I doing wrong? Do I need to create 2 separate libraries, one for the C code and one for the fortran. Note that the fortran is fortran 77 compiled with openMP.

Thanks for any feedback

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Yes, unfortunately, you do. Microsoft erected this wall between different languages in the VS.NET environment so that a C project knows only about C sources, a Fortran project knows only about Fortran sources, etc. This is indeed very annoying when building a mixed-language static library.

One possible solution is to add a post-build step to one of the projects that issues a lib command to insert the objects from the other project into the main library. Not pretty, I know.

Steve - Intel Developer Support

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today