Any new Visual Fortran books?

Any new Visual Fortran books?

I have the book by Norman Lawrence on CVF/Windows.

Are there any other books out there concerning windows programming with Compaq Visual Fortran? Are there any plans to write books for windows programming with Intel Visual Fortran?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

I don't know of any specific books in progress. We've been in touch with some authors of current Fortran books to make sure that they are familiar with Intel Fortran, but these are not specific to Windows programming.

If you think that Dr. Lawrence's book could be improved, I'm sure he and his publisher would be interested in hearing from you.

Steve

Steve - Intel Developer Support

I also acquired the Compaq Visual Fortran book by Norman Lawrence recently. Another recommended book that I purchased, but haven't had the opportunity to review is "Digital Visual Fortran Programmer's Guide" by Michael Etzel and Karen Dickinson.

I acquired both books from Barnes and Noble via the web and got free shipping and about 40% off the sticker price.

The latter is a printed version of the same document that comes with CVF in on-disk form. The book reflects the state of the product as of about 6.0A, if I recall correctly. It's still a good reference (I use it myself), but some things have been added or changed since then. I don't know of plans for an update.

Steve

Steve - Intel Developer Support

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today