I am working on my first Fortran based mixing language project in Windows. I choose using C this time, because of following reasons:
* There are more reference sources about C-Fortran mix
* Fortran and C have more common functionality. They share the same system calls in Unix and easier to communicate each other seamlessly. I guess it is similar in Windows environment.
* A software which my project will integrate into is Fortran-C mix, except user interfaces of VC++.
I would like to try different way next time. I hope experts in this forum could provide general information about comparison between different languages mixed with Fortran.
Some extra questions:
* C and C++, which one is better to combine with Fortran?
* C/C++ and Fortran share the same developing tool, VC++ or CVF. Is it possible to add a VB project into the workspace of VC++/CVF to mix Fortran, C, VB together, even edit and build VB directly there?
* Any advantage to use C# with Fortran?
* Can Fortran mix with Java and other languages?