Control's control variable causes program to not run

Control's control variable causes program to not run

MS Visual C++ 6 Professional
Compaq Visual Fortran 6
Windows 2000 Professional

I have a problem. I have a Dialog based MFC AppWizard(exe) program I'm writing in C++ and Fortran. I have many Extended Combo Boxes and other Controls that all work fine. But now, when I add an Extended Combo Box, and add a Control Member variable for it, the program will not run. It will immediately end before even bringing up the GUI dialog box. I know it has something to do with the Control Variable for that new Extended Combo Box I added because if I delete the Control Variable, the Application will run. Also, if I try to add some initialization to the Combo Box in "OnInitDialog" section, the name of the Control Variable is not recognized (I know this because when I type the period after the name, a list of choices does not come up). I have a CString Value variable for the Combo box as well, and that isn't recognized in
"OnInitDialog" section either, but it doesn't cause the application to not work.
After further examination I found that if I add any control and give it a Control Member Variable, the program will not run.
Does anyone know why this is happening? I need a Control variable for my Extended Combo Box.

1 post / 0 new
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.