Integration Library Routine

Integration Library Routine

Under VAX FORTRAN77 there was a library routine for integration named "HSPRBL". Is there a similar rountine that I can call out using Visual FORTRAN and what is it? Thanks.

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

There was no such routine in the VAX Fortran product. I can't find any references to such a routine in the various libraries that I can think of. You may want to see if the IMSL libraries, in Visual Fortran Professional Edition, have something that will work for you.

Steve

Steve - Intel Developer Support

Are there any Numerical Integration Routines as part of the Visual Fortran Library that I can call out in a Program or do I have to generate my own? The VAX which I still use on occasions, does interpret the "HSPRBL" call out in the Program as an Integration routine. I am asking the question, because I would like to transfer the VAX program to Visual Fortran.

If you can call a HSPRBL routine on the VAX, it's because you're linking against some non-Digital/Compaq library that provides it. I suggest checking a link map to see where it comes from.

I suggest you look at the IMSL F90MP and FNL documentation at http://www.vni.com/products/imsl/functionality.html to see if there's a routine that meets your needs. I'm not a mathematician, so I don't quite know what to look for. (I saw some reference to "elliptical integration"..) If you find a routine in these libraries, it would be in Visual Fortran Professional Edition's IMSL libraries.

Steve

Steve - Intel Developer Support

Thank you

FWIW, searches on IMSL, Netlib and Google yielded zero results :-(.

Jugoslav
www.xeffort.com

I assume you mean numerical integration, or quadrature. If so, IMSL MATH library, chapter 4 will probably do.

If you want to integrate a function that is specified numerically by a set of unequally-spaced data points, the NAG library D01GAF routine uses a Gill & Miller third-order finite difference method. I have developed an equivalent version.

Alan

Alan:

Any chance of me acquiring your implementation of the Gill-Miller approach?

TIA,
Gerry T.
gfthomas@sympatico.ca

Gerry,

I have sent you a copy of my Gill & Miller function Integdata(x,y,n,errest,ierr). If anyone else would like a copy, ask me at alan.cruttenden@baesystems.com

Alan

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today