Listview control

Listview control

Hi,
I have a listview control in my application.I am trying to highlight an entire row whenever any item is selected in the list.By default only the first column gets highlighted. Will 'LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT' work? or should we make the listview as owner-drawn and write our own code for redrawing the listview everytime?

If we have to use the owner_draw_fixed style then could you tell me what we must do to display items in the listview on WM_DRAWITEM?. I would like to get an listview interface similar to the one that comes with Compaq Visual fortran help page under Search Tab.

I would really be glad if someone could help me out.Thanks,
Archana

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

I don't know the answer; I'd just like to point you to comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32 newsgroup -- chances are far better that you'll get an answer for such questions there. If you don't have access to a news server, there is web interface on Google.

Hi,
I am using the following command in my program:
ret = sendmessage(hwndlist,LVM_SETEXTENDEDLISTVIEWSTYLE,LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT,1)
and the function returns a 0.
Help tells me that this style is supported and that the version of comctl32.dll required for running 'LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT' is 4.70.
The version of comctl32.dll file under c:winntsystem32 folder is 5.81.3103.1000. The Visual fortran version I am using is 6.5.

Other listview functions like:
sz_list=sendmessage(hwndlist,LVM_GETITEMCOUNT,0,0)
work fine. Only this function fails.
Can you give me some more information about this.Thanks,
Archana.

Feeling quiteI interesting in this topic but I am not sure if some UI listview control be of help to your circumstance.

Hello

LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT

Version 4.70. When an item is selected, the item and all its subitems are highlighted. This style is available only in conjunction with the LVS_REPORT style.

See for more precisions http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/bb774732%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today