Code Works in Debug But not Release

Code Works in Debug But not Release

I have a legacy code I am porting from VAX to PC. I can get it working in Debug mode, but not in Release. By using many print statements, I discovered that an array gets overwritten when I call a subroutine even though the array is not a parameter to the subroutine and is not in common with the subroutine. I have tried all levels of optimization and debug in the Release mode and cannot get the code to work. I have tried all levels of optimization and debug in Debug mode and can't get the Debug mode to break. ANy Suggestions?

The situation is as follows.

Subroutine SIPLOT(WAV,RD,NW)
IMPLICIT REAL*8 (A-H,O-Z)
DIMENSION WAV(1),RD(1)
CALL AXIS(0.,0.,'RADIANCE (W/CM**2/SR/CM**-1)',28, &
SNGL(RLEN),90.0,SNGL(RMIN),SNGL(RPN))
RETURN
END

The axis routine is single precision and is in a library in another project in the same workspace. The compiler options /cref:nomixed_str_len_arg and /iface:cref options are set. The projects are QuickWin projects using CVF 6.6A with Windows NT (service Pack 6). I'm completely lost here.

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

I suggest sending a problem description to vf-support@compaq.com and attaching a ZIP archive of the project.

Steve

Retired 12/31/2016

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today