Back in December, when Intel Visual Fortran was announced, a Professional Edition that adds the IMSL* 5.0 libraries from Visual Numerics was described. Pricing was given as $1399 for a new purchase, or $849 if upgrading from CVF Pro (the upgrade was said to be a limited time offer.)
Since then, we have had users ask about upgrades from Intel Visual Fortran Standard Edition. It took a while to get the details straightened out, but we now have upgrades and pricing set. Resellers are just now learning about these, so please be patient with them if they haven't seen the changes yet.
Intel Visual Fortran Professional Edition has all the features of the Standard Edition and adds the IMSL 5.0 libraries from Visual Numerics. (CVF had IMSL 4.0). New features and enhancements in IMSL compared to CVF Pro include:
- Many new algorithms, including new statistical time series routines
- New interfaces available with optional arguments, allowing for greater control and simplified development (source compatible with existing programs)
- Dynamic Link Library now provided
- OpenMP and SMP support
- Support of Intel Math Kernel Library (purchased separately)for improved performance
- Includes no-charge run-time license for deployment on systems with no more than 4 CPUs
- Full technical support from Intel (in CVF, technical support was not included)
- New purchase: $1199 "sale" price through 6/30/2004, $1399 thereafter
- New academic purchase: $649
- Upgrade from CVF Professional Edition, $849 (available from resellers only, qualification done by resellers). This upgrade offer expires 6/30/2004.
- Upgrade from Intel Visual Fortran Standard: $700 through 6/30/2004, $900 thereafter (New option)
Each purchase includes one year of support and product updates at no additional charge. Support can be renewed for another yearthereafter for $649.
Academic upgrade pricingand floating licenses forthe Professional Editionare not available. Please contact Visual Numerics directly (Matt Prentice, email@example.com) to ask about other IMSL licensing options, including large-system run-time licenses.
Availability is expected to be on or about March 31, 2004. Initial availability will be download only, with CD product to follow a few weeks later.
As you will have noted, we have temporarily lowered the "new purchase" price for the Professional Edition. If you have already placed an order with a reseller at the higher price, please contact them to have the price adjusted.
Lastly, please note that the special $200 upgrade from CVF to Intel Visual Fortran Standard Edition expires 3/31/2004.
Please let me know if you have questions about any of the above.
Message Edited by sblionel on 03-10-2004 09:48 AM