$line directives unsupported in CVF6.6? Any replacement?

$line directives unsupported in CVF6.6? Any replacement?

Today i upgraded from CVF6.5 to 6.6 and have stumbled across the fact that the $line directives seem to be not supported any more? I was wondering if there was any replacement or something else i could use....

We use our own inhouse written FPP which is why we need to use them. It does lots that the CVF fpp does not do at this stage

cheers
mark

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

$line? I never heard of this. Do you perhaps mean #line?

Retired 12/31/2016

From the CVF6.6 Release notes....

"The following features from Microsoft Fortran PowerStation are not
supported by Visual Fortran:
* Listing metacommands - $page, $pagesize, $linesize, $[no]list,
$include, $line"

They worked in 6.5

Can i perhaps use #line instead?

I don't know what $line did, and would be astonished if it actually worked - I'm sure we didn't remove support for it. Maybe #line will work for you - that's a CPP-style directive.

Retired 12/31/2016

$line did in CVF6.5 exactly what the #line CPP directive does - i.e to setup the correct line numbers in the source when you INCLUDE files (like common blocks) so that debugging works. It definately, positively *used* to work :-)

I tried #line and the f90 compiler complains about that directive so my guess is doesnt support it.

Anyway i am going to try a few more things. Thanks for you responses.

mark

Curious. I'm travelling this week so can't try it out, but I'll look into it when I get back next week.

Retired 12/31/2016

Mark,

Can you expand on your comment about $line setting up the "correct" line numbers for INCLUDEd source files so that debugging "works"? What happens when you don't use $line?

Mike D.

Message Edited by durisinm on 03-31-2004 04:49 AM

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today