What's with 9.1.038?

What's with 9.1.038?

Friday's announcement of the latest download version of 9.1 includes the following:

• For a list of issues corrected in this update, please download and read the separate Release Notes.
  • No README file will be provided with this package
  • The release notes -- w_fc_c_9.1.038_ReleaseNotes.html -- stop discussing changes at Build 9.1.033, and are in fact identical to w_fc_c_9.1.037_ReleaseNotes.html, which is also identical to w_fc_c_9.1.034_ReleaseNotes.html (except for some references to Vista and changes in the disclaimer).

Since 033, we have had to rely on the README to list out thechanges. With no READMEfor 038, how are we to find out what's been changed -- and hopefully fixed?

Thanks and God bless!

Jack

God bless!
    13 posts / 0 new
    Last post
    For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Jack,

The release notes list functionality changes only, not bug fixes, except for a few cases where we think people may be relying on the "bad" behavior. There have been no new or changed features since 9.1.033, just bug fixes.

Unfortunately, the mechanism we use to collect the bug fix info for the README is broken so we're unable to provide that at this time. If you have a question on a specific bug, let us know via Intel Premier Support and we'll be glad to look into it for you.

Retired 12/31/2016

Steve,

Welcome back! Hope your time away was everything you wanted.

Thanks for the speedy reply. The recent bug fixes wouldn't have anything to do with

http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums//topic/53074

debugger can't see host-associated vars in contained subroutines

would they -- hope, hope?

God bless!

jack

God bless!

I don't think so. Because of the imminent release of 10.0, 9.1.038 has very few fixes (we released 9.1.038 because we have some customers who, for various reasons, can't move to 10.0 right away.) Only selected, very serious bug fixes will make it into the 9.1 updates now.

Jeff Arnold will be able to comment more generally on the debugger issues.

Retired 12/31/2016

Thanks again, Steve.

Great to have you back!

God bless!

Jack

God bless!

I have a licence for Intel Visual Fortran Compiler for Windows with IMSL and the latest 9.1 version shown at the Registration Center is 9.1.037.

Is 9.1.038 not available for me?

Thanks,

Yair

I'm checking into that. Is there a reason you don't want 10.0 instead?

Retired 12/31/2016

The reason is I'm about to finish a project which I'd like to end up using the latest 9.1 and jump to the nextnew projectwith 10.0.

Two questions for when I switch to 10.0:

1. If I want to keep 9.1 + IMSL 5.0, I understand that with 10.0 + IMSL 6.0 installed I will not have the 9.1 integrated with my VS 2005 and I'll be able to use it only from the command prompt. Is that correct?

In that case, do I need to manually uninstall 9.1 integration before installing 10.0?

2. If I want to uninstall 9.1, do I uninstall IMSL 5 seperately from the 'Add or Remove Programs'? If so, does the uninstall order of the compiler and the IMSL matter?

Thank you,

Yair

You can keep 9.1 and IMSL 5.0 installed and use them from VS2005 - no problem. Don't uninstall anything (though it does not hurt to uninstall the VS integration from 9.1). When you install 10.0, you can go into VS2005, select Tools..Options..Intel Fortran, and there select which compiler, 9.1 or 10.0, you want to use. Each will have its own paths so you can select IMSL 5.0 or 6.0 accordingly.

When you do want to uninstall 9.1 and IMSl 5.0, you will have to uninstall those separately - the order does not matter.

Retired 12/31/2016

I'm glad I read Yair's post and your response as I think I'm in the same boat. I have ivf 10 on vs2005/vista. I wasn't aware that ivf 9.1 integrated into vs2005 which is reason enough for me to ditch vs2003. I presume having ivf 9.1 and 10 on the same c2d is OK. I don't have imsl 6 but I do have 5. Where can I get infoon the updates in 6? Finally, with the 'new' ivf pro, do you get mkl now and a year's additional support later on termination of a current subscription? Seems like a good deal.

BTW, I got notification about 9.1.038 last week from the Registration Centre which I thought was in error until I found that it links to the 10.025 download!

Thanks,

Gerry

Gerry,

No problems having 9.1 and 10.0 on the same system. This is how I run.

I would suggest the VNI web site for info on IMSL 6.0. This is the newer "thread safe" version of the IMSL libraries, with many more routines.

For 9.1 Standard Edition users, you can buy a year's support renewal and that upgrades you to the new Professional Edition with MKL (but not IMSL). It is a good deal. If you are a 9.1 Professional user, you simply need ask the Intel Registration Center to send you a new license file and you will automatically get access to MKL without buying a support extension.

Retired 12/31/2016
    yair999:

I have a licence for Intel Visual Fortran Compiler for Windows with IMSL and the latest 9.1 version shown at the Registration Center is 9.1.037.

Is 9.1.038 not available for me?

This is now fixed - it was an oversight. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Retired 12/31/2016

Thank you,

Yair

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today