"Intel Visual Fortran Compiler for 'Win32' not installed" error when attempting to build program

"Intel Visual Fortran Compiler for 'Win32' not installed" error when attempting to build program

I downloaded an evaluation copy of Intel Visual Fortran Composer XE for Windows 2011. It seems to install successfully, but when I tried to "Build" my code it tells me the "Intel Visual Fortran Compiler for 'Win32' not installed". I shouldn't need a license file according to the download instructions.. By the way my developer studio is 2008..Thank you..

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

For a complete installation, you must install the VS2008 C++ option first, then repeat the ifort installation. If installing the ifort Intel64 (64-bit) version, you need the X64 C++ compiler under the VS2008 C++ option.
In some cases, it may help to have installed VS2008 SP1.
If your license is accepted while installing ifort, that should take care of setting it up to run as well.

My guess is that you installed the Intel 64-only package but are building a 32-bit configuration. I suggest you uninstall Fortran and download the installer for both 32-bit and 64-bit applications. Install that and try again.

Steve - Intel Developer Support

If you have installed the Intel64 (64-bit) compiler, you must switch VS projects to X64 in order to use it; otherwise it will try to make a 32-bit application.

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today