Request for shell_patch.msi after installing VS2010 SP1

Request for shell_patch.msi after installing VS2010 SP1

After applying VS2010 service pack one on top of the VS2010 shell installed with 12.1.0 I'm getting the following:

But when I go looking in that folder I see no such msi. Any suggestions?

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Sorry about that - I will locate the file and get it to you. Please submit an issue at Intel Premier Support on this, asking that it be assigned to me.

Retired 12/31/2016

I have the same problem. After upgrading to VS2010 SP1, I am getting a dialog box to run "shell_patch.msi" but I can't find it on my system.

Can you provide a copy or tell me how to locate it.

Thanks,

Ray

Ray - we can't share the file through the user forum. Please open an issue with Intel Premier Support and ask that it be assigned to me. I have just (!) received the file and will be able to make it available. It will also be included in Update 7 (if you install VS Shell from that update.)

Retired 12/31/2016

The VS2010 Shell Installer in Update 7 now provides the SP1 Update patch, though the name of the .MSI is diffrerent. If you are encountering this problem, uninstall Fortran and VS Shell, plus the VS Shell files and libraries for Intel Fortran, then install the full kit for Update 7.

Retired 12/31/2016

I am getting this same message as a result of a Windows update done yesterday, 10/23/12, which seems odd since this issue appears to be over a year old. What do you suggest?

New MS updates were installed this morning. Rerunning the SP1 update resolved the issue.

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today