Visual Fortran Composer XE 2011 seems to have a Visual Studio 2010 integration problem when compiling multiple Fortran static library projects.
I have attached a zip package with one VS2010 solution with two VFortran projects which I hope can reproduce this problem.
To summarize, the solution fails to compile at times, with the IDE reporting only the message "Error: The operation could not be completed".
The error does not occur all the time. To recreate, one must keep compiling multiple times until the error shows up. Press Ctrl-Shift-B repeatedly until the problem occurs.
1. The problem does not occur with only a single Fortran project in the solution...multiple projects (minimum two) must be present to see the issue.
2. This error does not always occur after the same number of (repeated) builds.
3. When it does occur, the Fortran project must be unloaded and then reloaded from VStudio, or VStudio itself restarted.
4. When the problem occurs, users cannot even clean the project files.
5. Only one of the Fortran projects fails, not both. In the attachment two projects are present but only one will fail.
6. This problem did not occur with the use of VStudio 2005. I had been using VS2005 for a number of months until recently moving to VS2010, and the error never occured.
7. This problem does not occur with multiple C++ projects alone, only multiple Fortran projects.
8. My OS is WinXP Pro x64, for what it's worth.
Is there any solution or workaround available for this problem?