OMP: Warning #2

OMP: Warning #2

Hi,

When I start to debug my application I get the following error In my console window:

OMP: Warning #2: Cannot open message catalog "C:/Program Files (x86)/Intel/ComposerXE-2011/redist/ia32/compiler/1053/libiomp5ui.dll":
OMP: System error #2: The system cannot find the file specified.
OMP: Info #3: Default messages will be used.
OMP: Warning #90: ittnotify: Lookup of "__itt_sync_released" function in "C:/Program Files (x86)/Intel/ComposerXE-2011/redist/ia32/compiler/pdbx.dll" library failed.

I use VS2010 Compiling with Intel Visual Fortran Compiler XE 12.0.2.154 [IA-32]...
On Windows 7.

The named folder do not exist but a .../1033/ do, but do not contain the libiomp5ui.dll file.
The file mentioned in the second warning ...compiler/pdbx.dll exist at this location so why the warning?

How do I get this working?

Best Regards,
Magnus

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

It seems your system is set to a language other than English, is that correct? The first three messages are there to indicate that we don't have localized messages for your language and can be ignored. It is the fourth message that is important.

This is a message from the Parallel Debugger Extension feature and it's a bit puzzling to me, as there is an __itt_sync_releasing entry point but not one ending in "released". I'll ask our experts in this area to comment. You could probably just turn off the parallel debug feature for now, or ignore the warning.

Retired 12/31/2016

Above were the first errors starting the program. Yes the language was not set to English, and if I switch to English using the language bar I still get the same Error. I will ignore this error then :)

below are all errors shown before the program starts. Still with parallel checks. And Parallel debug environment set to auto.

OMP: Warning #2: Cannot open message catalog "C:/Program Files (x86)/Intel/Compo
serXE-2011/redist/ia32/compiler/1053/libiomp5ui.dll":
OMP: Warning #90: ittnotify: Lookup of "__itt_sync_released" function in "C:\Pro
gram Files (x86)\Intel\ComposerXE-2011\redist\ia32\compiler\pdbx.dll" library fa
iled.
OMP: Warning #90: ittnotify: Lookup of "__itt_memory_read" function in "C:\Progr
am Files (x86)\Intel\ComposerXE-2011\redist\ia32\compiler\pdbx.dll" library fail
ed.
OMP: Warning #90: ittnotify: Lookup of "__itt_memory_write" function in "C:\Prog
ram Files (x86)\Intel\ComposerXE-2011\redist\ia32\compiler\pdbx.dll" library fai
led.
OMP: Warning #90: ittnotify: Lookup of "__itt_memory_update" function in "C:\Pro
gram Files (x86)\Intel\ComposerXE-2011\redist\ia32\compiler\pdbx.dll" library fa
iled.
OMP: Warning #90: ittnotify: Lookup of "__itt_notify_cpath_target" function in "
C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\ComposerXE-2011\redist\ia32\compiler\pdbx.dll" libr
ary failed.
OMP: Warning #90: ittnotify: Lookup of "__itt_state_get" function in "C:\Program
Files (x86)\Intel\ComposerXE-2011\redist\ia32\compiler\pdbx.dll" library failed
OMP: Warning #90: ittnotify: Lookup of "__itt_state_set" function in "C:\Program
OMP: Warning #90: ittnotify: Lookup of "__itt_obj_mode_set" function in "C:\Prog
ram Files (x86)\Intel\ComposerXE-2011\redist\ia32\compiler\pdbx.dll" library fai
led.
OMP: Warning #90: ittnotify: Lookup of "__itt_thr_mode_set" function in "C:\Prog
led.

After turning parallel checks off i still get these errors:

OMP: Warning #2: Cannot open message catalog "C:/Program Files (x86)/Intel/Compo
serXE-2011/redist/ia32/compiler/1053/libiomp5ui.dll":
OMP: Warning #90: ittnotify: Lookup of "__itt_sync_released" function in "C:\Pro
iled.
OMP: Warning #90: ittnotify: Lookup of "__itt_memory_read" function in "C:\Progr
am Files (x86)\Intel\ComposerXE-2011\redist\ia32\compiler\pdbx.dll" library fail
ed.
OMP: Warning #90: ittnotify: Lookup of "__itt_memory_write" function in "C:\Prog
led.
OMP: Warning #90: ittnotify: Lookup of "__itt_memory_update" function in "C:\Pro
iled.
OMP: Warning #90: ittnotify: Lookup of "__itt_notify_cpath_target" function in "
C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\ComposerXE-2011\redist\ia32\compiler\pdbx.dll" libr
ary failed.
OMP: Warning #90: ittnotify: Lookup of "__itt_state_get" function in "C:\Program
OMP: Warning #90: ittnotify: Lookup of "__itt_state_set" function in "C:\Program
OMP: Warning #90: ittnotify: Lookup of "__itt_obj_mode_set" function in "C:\Prog
led.
OMP: Warning #90: ittnotify: Lookup of "__itt_thr_mode_set" function in "C:\Prog
led.

Was this of any help to understand the issue?

Regards,
Magnus

I understand the issue, but don't know why disabling the Parallel Debugger Extension didn't stop them. You might have to do a "Change" on the install and remove the Parallel Debugger Extension feature.

The OpenMP support is calling back into pdbx.dll looking for some routines and not finding them. The routines named in the error messages you have aren't in my copies of pdbx.dll either.

If you rebuild the application with the option /Qopenmp-link:static added under Fortran > Command Line, do these errors still appear? How many copies of libiomp5md.dll do you have on your system and where are they?

I have asked a Parallel Debugger expert to look into this - I can't find another report of the issue in our database. The first thing is to figure out why the OpenMP library is looking for these specific routines.

Retired 12/31/2016

Sorry, It was a mistake on my side that made the errors remain.
When setting "Enable Parallel Debug Checks" to "No" for the right projects they vanished.

Setting "Enable Parallel Debug Checks" to "Yes" and adding "/Qopenmp-link:static" also removes the errors just after starting. Thank you!

I got twenty (20) libiomp5md.dll files on my computer:
# find ./Program* -iname libiomp5md.dll

./Program Files/scilab-5.2.0/bin/libiomp5md.dll
./Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Intel/Shared Libraries/redist/ia32/compiler/libiomp5md.dll

./Program Files (x86)/Intel/Compiler/11.0/075/fortran/Bin/IA32/libiomp5md.dll
./Program Files (x86)/Intel/Compiler/11.0/075/fortran/Bin/intel64/libiomp5md.dll
./Program Files (x86)/Intel/Compiler/11.0/075/fortran/lib/ia32/libiomp5md.dll
./Program Files (x86)/Intel/Compiler/11.0/075/fortran/lib/intel64/libiomp5md.dll

./Program Files (x86)/Intel/Compiler/11.1/048/bin/ia32/libiomp5md.dll
./Program Files (x86)/Intel/Compiler/11.1/048/bin/intel64/libiomp5md.dll
./Program Files (x86)/Intel/Compiler/11.1/048/lib/ia32/libiomp5md.dll
./Program Files (x86)/Intel/Compiler/11.1/048/lib/intel64/libiomp5md.dll

./Program Files (x86)/Intel/Compiler/11.1/060/bin/ia32/libiomp5md.dll
./Program Files (x86)/Intel/Compiler/11.1/060/bin/intel64/libiomp5md.dll
./Program Files (x86)/Intel/Compiler/11.1/060/lib/ia32/libiomp5md.dll
./Program Files (x86)/Intel/Compiler/11.1/060/lib/intel64/libiomp5md.dll

./Program Files (x86)/Intel/Compiler/Fortran/10.1.032/em64t/Lib/libiomp5md.dll
./Program Files (x86)/Intel/Compiler/Fortran/10.1.032/IA32/Bin/libiomp5md.dll
./Program Files (x86)/Intel/Compiler/Fortran/10.1.032/IA32/Lib/libiomp5md.dll
./Program Files (x86)/Intel/Compiler/Fortran/10.1.032/em64t/Lib/libiomp5md.dll

./Program Files (x86)/Intel/ComposerXE-2011/redist/ia32/compiler/libiomp5md.dll
./Program Files (x86)/Intel/ComposerXE-2011/redist/intel64/compiler/libiomp5md.dll

How do I know which one of the DLL's is used?
Is there anything more I can do to debug this, if you still think there is a problem?

Regards,
Magnus

I am told that this is a known problem and the fix for it is not yet available. The only workaround is to disable /debug:parallel. The issue number is DPD200156994 and I will let you know when a fix is available. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Retired 12/31/2016

I wounder how this workaround affect my use of inspector (and amplifier) to find problems with shared data (commonblocks) in my OpenMP threaded program.
...maybe this is for another Forum.

Regard,
Magnus

Assuming the issue numbered DPD200156994 is related to the compiler in "Visual Fortran Composer XE 2011" is there a older version of the compiler that would help me keep /Debug:parallel to ease data sharing detection in my OpenMP parallelized code?

If I understand the manual correctly /Debug:parallel is needed to locate bad thread data sharing.

Regards
Magnus

You can try 11.1 but I don't know if it will work with Inspector XE.

Retired 12/31/2016

The warnings are harmless and can be ignored.

Retired 12/31/2016

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today