XE Composer Update 1

XE Composer Update 1

Installed update 1 this morning. Thought it was pretty cool that it would allow me to "replace" the version rather than automatically make a new version, so I chose that.

Unfortunately, it seems that choice removed (and did not replace) libmmt.lib and at least libirc.lib -- not sure what else. (I searched after I got the linker error and it was not under the XE composer tree).

Fortunately, uninstalling and reinstalling Update 1 corrected the problem but thought you would like to know.

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Ditto, exact same experience.

Interesting. It doesn't do this for me and this is the sort of thing we test extensively. I wonder what else has to be done in order to have this happen.

Steve - Intel Developer Support

Mine is a pretty vanilla install, i think.

I did recently (October?) have to uninstall VS in order to get the 64 bit versions working (apparently after you install SP1, you can't add anything...). So, I uninstalled it, re-installed (using all options this time) and then installed VS SP1.

IVF - I have V11.1.67 on there. I might have had some older ones that I uninstalled, but not recently.

Then, the XE Composer first version and then installed the Update 1.

Other than that, don't really have much software on that machine (it's my development machine -- a laptop, dual core processor, nothing special).

I doubt this has anything to do with VS. What it might be connected with is that these are files also used by Intel C++. It sounds as if a reference count got messed up. I've alerted our support team to this problem and we'll investigate.

We're still trying to reproduce this and have tried many different combos without seeing a failure. Would folks who had this problem please tell me:

1. Windows edition (XP, Vista, 7, etc.) and 32 or 64-bit
2. Visual Studio version(s) installed (if VS2008 Shell, please say so)
3. What other Intel developer tools you have installed
4. Whether or not you installed any of the beta builds of Composer XE.

Microsoft Windows XP Pro, SP3, 32-bit

Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 (full version)
Version 9.0.21022.8 RTM
Microsoft .NET Framework
Version 3.5 SP1

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 91605-130-0609724-60595

Intel Visual Fortran Package ID: w_fcompxe_2011.1.127
Intel Visual Fortran Composer XE 2011 Integration for Microsoft Visual Studio* 2008, 12.0.3470.2008

I had previously installed Composer 2011.0.104 (no problems), then installed the 2nd release (2011.1.127) with the 1st in-place, found the problem as reported, then un- and re-installed Composer as per the OP's suggestion.

No other Intel tools.

I see one other user has reported this problem, but we have been unable to reproduce it. If it happens in future updates, please let us know.

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today