Error installing XE2011 in MS Visual Studio* 2005

Error installing XE2011 in MS Visual Studio* 2005

I get the error "Microsoft Visual Studio* 2005 software is currently running. Installation cannot continue while MS VS 2005 is running. Suggestion: Exit MS VS 2005 and run the installation again." I am not running MS VS 2005 so am at a loss as to the problem. Help!

Neels

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

This is a problem we have seen with some systems - including my own! Try doing a custom install and setting the Parallel Debugger Extension to "Will not be installed". That worked for me, but not for everyone. We are still investigating this.

Steve - Intel Developer Support

Thanks Steve

That worked for me too. Do I now go and install only the parallel debugger part?

Neels

If it's like my system, that will fail. Here's something we came up with that fixes it for some users. Try it and let me know how it works.

Replace the file Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\ProjectTemplates\IntelFortran\fix_templates.js with the one I have attached here. Now try doing a "Modify" of Fortran Composer XE and enable the Parallel Debugger feature. Be sure to save the attachment and don't "run" it.

Attachments: 

AttachmentSize
Downloadapplication/x-javascript fix_templates.js1.39 KB

I have had this issue since IVF 11.1.060. I could install (060, 065, and 12beta) only if I restart my computer and run the installer as the first and the only thing. For 11.1067 even that failed. So I have stayed with 065. I am going to try new release with Steve's suggestion with version 12.

Abhi

Hi Steve

Using the custom install trick worked. Thanks!

Abhi

The install developers tell me they have fixed this for 12.0 Update 1 - so when that comes out, please try it and let me know if you still see the problem.

When do you plan to release the 12.0 Update 1?

Within a few weeks, I believe.

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today