/assume:realloc_lhs - catastrophic error

/assume:realloc_lhs - catastrophic error

Just tried to re-compile an existing program with /assume:realloc_lhs set. As below, this produced a "catastrophic error". Also asked that I report the problem.

Only change I made from a working copy was to set "/assume:realloc_lhs" under

Project / Properties / Fortran / Command Line / Additional Dependencies.

Have used "/assume:realloc_lhs" in another program without problem.

The current program is larger & was mostly written starting 3 - 5 yrs ago. I just tried to make use of automatic reallocation when adding some new code (& save a few lines of code!). Only two arrays involved & both are small; eg: just assigning

prob_inc = fP_inc

where prob_inc is allocated to (9) and fP_inc is allocated to (15).

Does the error mean I have something conflicting elsewhere in the code ?
(Too large to quickly check - besides the compiler error message does not exactly point to where the problem may lie?)

Error Log:

1>------ Build started: Project: Faults, Configuration: Debug x64 ------
1>Compiling with Intel Fortran 11.0.061 [Intel 64]...
1>Portfolio_sites.f90
1>0_11694
1>: catastrophic error: **Internal compiler error: internal abort** Please report this error along with the circumstances in which it occurred in a Software Problem Report. Note: File and line given may not be explicit cause of this error.
1>compilation aborted for I:\\aon_japan\\Program\\Faults\\Source\\Portfolio_sites.f90 (code 3)
1>
1>Build log written to "file://I:\\aon_japan\\Program\\Faults\\x64\\Debug\\BuildLog.htm"
1>Faults - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Quoting davidspurr

Does the error mean I have something conflicting elsewhere in the code ?

1>0_11694
1>: catastrophic error: **Internal compiler error: internal abort** Please report this error along with the circumstances in which it occurred in a Software Problem Report.

You would think by now someone would have made the phrase more explicit. An actual case which demonstrates the problem is needed. ICE always is a compiler bug, even if provoked by a user error. It may have been fixed in a more recent compiler, in which case you would need to upgrade anyway to make it work.

The message is more explicit in 11.1. We have fixed several issues with assume:realloc_lhs. As Tim suggests, please try a current compiler.

Steve - Intel Developer Support

Sorry, the update email had slipped my mind - busy o/s at the time.

But, having located the email, the links in it do not work for me.

The first link sends me to https://registrationcenter.intel.com/RegCenter/MyProducts.aspx#
and I get a message:

"No Products found! If you haven't registered your products, please register." [Definitely have]

The update link sends me to https://registrationcenter.intel.com/regcenter/Download.aspx?ProductID=........ etc
and I get the message:

"The product updates/upgrades below are available based on your support subscription status.
We are unable to find registrations/downloads matching this request"

My registration has been corrupted?
(related to a forum issue I had around that time?)

????

David,

I can find that you have a current license with support that expires in July. It looks as if you at one time created a new login for the Intel Registration Center with username "david_s2". Try that one. If you need more help, reply here and select "Mark this post Private: Yes".

Steve - Intel Developer Support

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today