Compilaion aborted (code 1)

Compilaion aborted (code 1)

I Updated from IVC 10 to IVC 11,
Compiling my old projectI got the message: "Compilation aborted (code 1)"

what does it mean ???

II found out, If I skip to include one module, than compilation works. However it works to include the same module in a previous subroutine

Any suggestions

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Usually this means an "internal compiler error" - if you open the build log you should see more. Can you attach the source of the problem file here? To do attachments:

Click on Add Files

If you have not previously created a file folder here, fill in a new folder name and click Create Folder

Click on the name of the folder you just created

Click the Browse button to browse for the file, click Upload

Click on the name of the file you uploaded

Optional: edit the Title field

Click Add as Attachment

Steve - Intel Developer Support

Quoting - Steve Lionel (Intel)

Usually this means an "internal compiler error" - if you open the build log you should see more. Can you attach the source of the problem file here? To do attachments:

Click on Add Files

If you have not previously created a file folder here, fill in a new folder name and click Create Folder

Click on the name of the folder you just created

Click the Browse button to browse for the file, click Upload

Click on the name of the file you uploaded

Optional: edit the Title field

Click Add as Attachment

Attachments: 

What I wanted to see was the buildlog.htm, but this at least told me something. It is indeed an internal compiler error. Is this a project converted from CVF? We have seen several cases where the combination of /Qopenmp and/or /Qparallel along with /iface:cvf causes this error message. You may not need /iface:cvf. In the project properties, go to Fortran > External Procedures. Change the calling mechanism to Default and the string length argument passing to "After all args", then do a complete solution rebuild. If you're not calling external libraries built for use with CVF this should work fine. If you are, there are ways to work with that.

The single source you attached requires several modules from your sources, so I can't test this independently.

What I wanted to see was the buildlog.htm, but this at least told me something. It is indeed an internal compiler error. Is this a project converted from CVF? We have seen several cases where the combination of /Qopenmp and/or /Qparallel along with /iface:cvf causes this error message. You may not need /iface:cvf. In the project properties, go to Fortran > External Procedures. Change the calling mechanism to Default and the string length argument passing to "After all args", then do a complete solution rebuild. If you're not calling external libraries built for use with CVF this should work fine. If you are, there are ways to work with that.

The single source you attached requires several modules from your sources, so I can't test this independently.

My project is to complex to give any, source (~500 files)
Now I found the problem, which was caused by setting

real*8 ns(24,24)

s= 0.0d0

I replaced the line by:

do j=1,24; s(j,:)=0.0d0; enddo

than it worked.
The Compiler had this problem in three different mudules, which had some of this line common.

It is really a strange error, since it worked on IVF 10. Any explanations ?

The explanation is that it's a compiler bug. Probably a side effect of a new optimization. Please provide a complete and self-contained test case so that I can report it to the developers.

The explanation is that it's a compiler bug. Probably a side effect of a new optimization. Please provide a complete and self-contained test case so that I can report it to the developers.

It's hard to extract the considered subroutine from the whole project, modules. The observed code line lies in a complex do while , do .. loops. I guess, you are right with whe optimization effect, since the problem appears only in Releas, not in debugging, mode.

If you have difficulty isolating a test case, submit an issue to Intel Premier Support and attach the whole project. We'll do the work.

I am tring to install POLYRATE , it is showing this error.....................

compilation aborted for main.F (code 1)
gmake[1]: *** [main.o] Error 1
gmake: *** [GRS] Error 2

How to solve this error? Please suggest me something.

There will be other error messages - what you showed is just the end of the process saying "something went wrong".

I had the same problem when moving from CVF6.6 to IVF XE 12.0 update 4. The way I proceeded to find the culprit was:

1- Comment all lines of code, except:

* program start / end

* subroutine protocols (subroutine x(var1, ...))

* subroutine end

* implicit none

* variables declarations

2- Incrementally uncomment small pieces of code.

I isolated the issue. I was passing a string constant as an argument for a subroutine call. The corresponding parameter of the subroutine was

character*200 mystr

I replaced the string constant in the caller line of code by a variable name. That variable was also defined as character*200. That solved the problem.

You don't know it's the same problem - only that it's the same symptom (internal compiler error.) This has many, many possible causes.

If you encounter this error with a current compiler release, please create a NEW thread here about the problem and provide a test case, or report it to Intel Premier Support. Do not not assume the cause of the error is the same as anyone else who had the same message.

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today