Internal compiler error: internal abort

Internal compiler error: internal abort

When I turn on Static analysis in version 11.067, I am rewarded with, prior to analysis of the first subroutine,

Performing source code analysis...
1>backend signals
1>Severe: **Internal compiler error: internal abort** Please report this error along with the circumstances in which it occurred in a Software Problem Report.  Note: File and line given may not be explicit cause of this error.

No line or file is given, and I don't know how to file a "Software Problem Report" because my subscription has expired.

If I turn off "static Analysis", the program compiles and links successfully, so I am not too concerned.

My interpretation is that "static analysis" is broken. Is this a reasonable assumption?

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

My interpretation is that "static analysis" is broken.

That is an unwarranted generalization. Static analysis may be "broken" for that old compiler version, for your particular installation, and for a particular set of input files (which you did not provide). Any software in existence is liable to fail for some combination of environment and input data.

Please present a test case with full particulars so that the failure may be reproduced and fixed.

You can report the problem in this forum, given that Premier Support is not open to you.

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today