Use of VS 2010 shell & libraries for IVF supplied in Composer XE 2013 for Windows

Use of VS 2010 shell & libraries for IVF supplied in Composer XE 2013 for Windows

I have recently purchased Intel Composer XE2013 for Windows so that I have both IVF & C++.

At the moment I only need IVF so I wasn't intending to purchase Visual Studio Professional until I started using C++, which may be another 6 months.  I initially installed Visual Studio Professional as a trial which has now elapsed.  Is thre any way of using the Visual Studio 2010 shell and libraries that are packaged with IVF until I need to use C++, at which point I will purchase the full Visual Studio Professional 2010.

I hope that the answer to this is really obvious to anyone more familiar with the software, but before I start un-installing and re-installing software I thought I would raise the issue here.  I have searched the forums and can't find anyone with the same issue?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

You can download a fortran install package that includes the windows Vs2010 shell install and ignore the C++ download (that is what I use I have the intel C++ licence but do not use it). I guess you proably  need to uninstall the VS2010 expired trial version as that might stop the vs2010 shell install...

Thanks for reply, I wondered if that is what I'd have to do, but wasn't sure what I needed to uninstall from:

Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 ADO.NET Entity Framework Tools - 33.5 MB

Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Professional - ENU - 1.8 GB

Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Runtime (X86) - 6.1 MB.

Also not sure if also need to uninstall XE Composer and then re-install IVF only to ensure Visual Studio 2010 Shell & Libraries are downloaded again?

Grateful if anyone has any experience with this to share?

Yes, you'll need to uninstall Fortran and all Visual Studio 2010 components. Reboot.  Then download and install the Fortran that includes the VS2010 Shell.

Steve - Intel Developer Support

Thanks for this definitive response, I didn't want to start uninstalling stuff if it wasn't really necessary.

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today