Debugging with /Qopenmp

Debugging with /Qopenmp

I believe I am having the same problem that was reproted here http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/281412.

When I debug a program using the /Qopenmp flag I can't view any source. If I have breakpointss set in my code, when I begin debugging I am taken to a screen that says "source not available." I can't get any call stack information and I'm also shown "No disassembly available." I don't actually have any openMP functions or directives in my code, so when I disable the flag all of my source becomes visible again and I can move throughout the breakpoints in my code. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a solution? Thanks in advance for any help.

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

What version / update of Intel Visual Fortran compiler do you use?

>>...When I debug a program using the /Qopenmp flag I can't view any source...

I'll do a verification with version 13 and let you know results.

>>>>...When I debug a program using the /Qopenmp flag I can't view any source...
>>
>>I'll do a verification with version 13 and let you know results.

I did not have any debugging problems when /Qopenmp was turned on.

When a break point is hit inside a runtime system function or library where no sources are available, you will get this message.

Goto Debug | Windows | Breakpoints

Then delete all breakpoints using the double ball x
Do not delete them individually

Next, exit VS with save solution. Then restart VS, add your breakpoint and run.

*** Note, if you have any optimization switches set, then you may only be successful at setting breakpoints at WRITE or CALL statements that are not inlined.

Jim Dempsey

www.quickthreadprogramming.com

>>...When a break point is hit inside a runtime system function or library where no sources are available...

There is a statement in the initial post:

>>...I can't view any source. If I have breakpointss set in my code...

I could only suggest to re-build the project because it is possible that Program Database file is corrupted.

Sergey, I'm using version 13.0.3624.2010 of the compiler with Visual Studio 2010.I appreciate you checking to see if you had the same problem.

Jim, I gave this a try without any success. I only have one breakpoint set and it is in code I wrote.

I just discovered if I have 2 breakpoints set, one in the main program and one in a subroutine I can't view either. I removed the breakpoint in the main program and now I can view the subroutine. The original post I referenced also seemed to indicate that the main program was involved.

>>...I just discovered if I have 2 breakpoints set, one in the main program and one in a subroutine I can't view either...

Could you create a small test project which reproduces the problem? Thanks in advance.

>>... I'm using version 13.0.3624.2010 of the compiler with Visual Studio 2010...

What is Edition of VS 2010?

By the way, I did my tests with Visual Studio 2008 Professional Edition. If you will be able to create a reproducer I'll repeat the test with VS 2010 Shell. Thanks.

Sergey,

VS, at times, can get a breakpoint set at a position other than that of a start of a statement. Sometimes when this happens, the debugger code that synchronizes the break location with source code gets goofed up. Also, the reason for delete all break points, as one operation, is I have had personal experience of a break point being set .AND. not listed in the list of break points. The only ways I could get rid of it were: a) create a new project and copy the files (not too pleasant), and I discovered the b) route of "delete all breakpoints". This happened back with VS 2005, but it is worth the exercise to give it a try.

Jim Dempsey

www.quickthreadprogramming.com

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today