Deallocating memory fortran (newbie question)

Deallocating memory fortran (newbie question)

Guys, I think it is a newbie question, but I can't find it anywhere.

I notice that the function WRRRN() uses a lot of RAM. I want to know how to avoid or dealloc the memory (I don't even know if it is possible).
Here is my code:
do i = 1, 10000
    do j = 1, 10000
          call wrrrn ('x', 3, 1, x, 3, 0)
    end do
end do

The simple fact of showing the values of the matrix x, just increases a lot the used memory. I try to clear the strings from the terminal using this:
call system ('cls') but it doesn't work. I'm using the old microsoft developer studio fortran powerstation 95. Could it be a compiler problem?

Thanks in advice

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

What is using the ram, your application or the terminal window buffering the output? What OS are you running?

Hello!

I think is not the terminal buffering because the memory usage increases disproportionately. Printing a 3x3 matrix increases 1MB for each iteration. I think the problem is with the wrrrn() itself. I'm using windows 7 ultimate.

WRRRN is an IMSL routine, though it's written in Fortran. There's nothing you can do about any memory being allocated here - it isn't screen buffer memory. Of course, you're using a 16+ year old product that is long, long unsupported.

Steve - Intel Developer Support

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today