issue with assumed length + assumed shape character array declaration

issue with assumed length + assumed shape character array declaration

It is unclear to me why the following declaration is causing a run-time error when compiled in ifort. This source does run as expected without error when compiled using GNU GCC version 4.4.3:

subroutine splitString(stringArray, stringCSV, separator)
        implicit none
        character(len=*), dimension(:), intent(inout) :: stringArray
        character(len=*), intent(in) :: stringCSV
        character(len=*), intent(in), optional :: separator
end subroutine

The run-time error is:

forrtl: severe (408): fort: (6): Non-unit stride for dimension 1 of assumed-shape array STRINGARRAY in routine SPLITSTRING and fe_asha_1ds1 specified

my ifort compiler is:

Intel(R) Visual Fortran Intel(R) 64 Compiler XE for applications running on Intel(R) 64, Version 12.0.4.196 Build 20110427

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

We really can't tell what's going on here either.  If you can provide a reproducer, submit an issue to Intel Premier Support and we'll investigate.

Please also provide the compile options used. The error message suggests you are using an undocumented option that has major restrictions.

Steve - Intel Developer Support

Steve, Roland.

Thank you for your help - while this error was consistently reproducible on the date that I reported it, I've not been able to reproduce it since. It must have been a device issue that a reboot solved.

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today