Building DLLs from the command line

Building DLLs from the command line

Hi All,

I found it fairly straighforward to build a whole set of DLLs from a command script under IVF10. The main thing was to activate this line:

call "C:\Program Files\Intel\Compiler\Fortran\10.0.025\IA32\Bin\ifortvars.bat"

which, among other things, defined ifort.

What's the equivalent in IVF Composer 2013 XE? It's obviously completely different - C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Composer XE 2013\Bin\ifortvars.bat makes no mention of ifort.

Any help or insights greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Mike

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

What happened when you invoked that bat file?  It sets up PATH, LIBRARY and INCLUDE so that the command "ifort" can be found.

--Lorri

Even simpler is to open a command window from the Start menu that already has the environment set up. Go to

All Programs / Intel Parallel Studio XE 2013 / Command Prompt / Parallel Studio XE with Intel Compiler XE v14.0 / IA-32 Visual Studio 2010 mode

(You might have different Visual Studio and compiler versions, and possibly Composer instead of Parallel Studio).

Hi Guys,

Thanks for replies.

I would prefer to run the job in a command script, but it won't run. I have distilled the problem down to the fact that when ifortvars.bat exits, it exists everything, including the batch script in which the call to run it was embedded, so I can't do anything else. The following illustrates:

cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Composer XE 2013\Bin"
ifortvars.bat ia32
echo Successful completion

I never see "Successful completion". What am I doing wrong?

Many thanks

Mike

Use "call ifortvars.bat ia32". I would also recommend against changing to the compiler folder..instead put the path in the command. Use %ifort_compiler14% to find it. 

Retired 12/31/2016

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today