Problem with the start debugging

Problem with the start debugging

We are having trouble with pre-written Fortran code compile.When we open pre-written Fortran code,start debugging button isn't active(pic1) and when  we copy entire code and paste new project page start debugging button is active(pic2) but when we press the button for start debugging give a warning(pic3).I would appreciate if you could help us.

Best regards,

AttachmentSize
Downloadimage/jpeg pic1_0.jpg310.32 KB
Downloadimage/jpeg pic2_0.jpg343.18 KB
Downloadimage/jpeg pic3_0.jpg420.79 KB
26 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

"when we press the button for start debugging give a warning(pic3)" -

when you pressed the button to start debugging, Visual Studio attempted to build your program first.  However it encountered many compilation errors - see "Output" window at the bottom of the screen.  You need to fix these errors first.

When ı compile same pre-written Fortran program with the old version compiler,program running smoothly so ı think that compilation errors stems from something else but i didn't find reeason.

Could it be that the new compiler is finding errors with the code that the older compiler did not?

Perhaps when you "copy and paste" the code something was missed? (e.g. include files)

Are you creating the correct kind of "new project"?

The errors are shown in the output window (and in the buildlog.html file) you need to correct these errors first.

Many of us have been through the situation where code used to compile and run with an old compiler but fails with a new one.

If you attach the build log file or better still the failing code (at the minimum the routine console25.f90) we will be better able to help you.

Les

this program cannot be compiled with intel parallel studio XE 2013 but I had previously compiled with  microsoft developer studio fortran

Attachments: 

AttachmentSize
Downloadapplication/octet-stream rlm2di.f134.8 KB

The code as posted references several external files; search for the word "include" and you will see the names of these files.

If it cannot find the file, it will give an error.

I suspect that your previous configuration had an INCLUDE path set to the location of these files.   You'll need to do the same for the new environment.

--Lorri

i have this file but program still doesn't compile.

Rather than attach screenshots (for some reason two of the screenshots you attached are showing different pictures now), please attach a ZIP of your project folder after you get the error messages. This will help us help you.

Steve - Intel Developer Support

I add pictures and fortran code and necessary include folder as RAR in attachment. pictures showing different because pic1 picture of first opened with intel parallel studio xe 2013 but there start debugging button isn't active so ı copy entire code and paste empty project page to compile then start debugging button is active(pic2) when we press the button for start debugging give a warning(pic3).

Attachments: 

AttachmentSize
Downloadapplication/rar Desktop_0.rar728.64 KB

The debugging won't start because the program had errors during the build. One of the screenshots shows the compilation terminating due to "too many errors" but you didn't show the build log I asked for which would show those errors.

When I compile the source you provide, I do get three errors due to mismatched argument types, but you're clearly getting more.

For example, one of the errors is that at line 1784 you pass the COMPLEX(16) array rvec to routine relaxap1a, but the corresponding argument there is declared REAL (that means REAL(4). This is simply wrong. There are more errors like this highlighted by the compiler.

Without seeing the buildlog.htm file from the Debug folder, I don't know what else went wrong. Please ZIP that file and attach it here.

I attach buildlog.htm file here

now attach

Attachments: 

AttachmentSize
Downloadapplication/rar BuildLog_0.rar1.31 KB

You have a fixed-form source file, but you named it with a .f90 file type, which causes it to be treated as free-form source. Rename the file to Console34.f and most of the problems should disappear.

See also Doctor Fortran in "Source Form Just Wants to be Free"

Thank you very much now i give only one error "no such file or directory" is this error about geo.inc or dim.inc file? I put this file into console34  file.I wonder if somewhere else to put it to work smoothly

Attachments: 

AttachmentSize
Downloadapplication/rar Adsız.rar95.09 KB

You didn't show the error message. The include files would normally want to be in the same directory as the .f source, which you have done.

ı attach new buildlog file as rar

Attachments: 

AttachmentSize
Downloadapplication/rar BuildLog_1.rar892 bytes

The error message says that it can't find Console34.f90. You renamed the source file in the directory but not in the project. Probably the easiest way to handle this is to remove the .f90 source from the project and add the .f. In the future you can rename the file in the "Solution Explorer" and it will take care of both actions.

I try change .f90 as .f but give an eror again.please help me about how remove the .f90 source from the project and add the .f

Attachments: 

AttachmentSize
Downloadapplication/rar rename eror.rar554.93 KB

Since you already renamed the file separately, click once on the .f90 file in Solution Explorer and press Delete. It may ask if you want to remove the file or delete the file from disk - choose Remove. Now right click on the project, select Add > Existing Item. Select your .f90 file and add it.

i did what you say but still give me error.ı attach buildlog file again.

Attachments: 

AttachmentSize
Downloadapplication/rar BuildLog_2.rar260.04 KB

These errors are not what you saw before you fixed the filename. See my reply #10 above for an explanation of the errors you're seeing now. These are bugs in your program source that you need to fix.

What is about error #6633 ?

Attachments: 

AttachmentSize
Downloadapplication/rar BuildLog_3.rar277.21 KB

Those are the source code errors I referred to. The types of rvec, zvec and qvec are different in the routine where you make the call from how those arguments are declared in the called routine. You have to fix this.

ı think this is imposible because i can compile this program Microsoft Fortran PowerStation smoothly if the types of rvec, zvec and qvec are different in the routine,program never compile other compiler.is this true?

PowerStation did not check for this kind of error. If you want to disable the check, set the project property Fortran > Diagnostics > Check Routine Interfaces to No. But don't complain if you then find you're getting wrong results.

Thank you very much for your helping.

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today