Finding who calls a library

Finding who calls a library

I'm getting a link error and I can't figure out why.  I turned on /VERBOSE to see if it would help. Here is the error

Searching C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Compiler\11.1\072\Lib\intel64\svml_dispmt.lib:
LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'libmatmul.lib'

In the middle of the output it listed "Processed /DEFAULTLIB:libmatmul"  but I don't know why.  It isn't one of my listed default libraries.  I'm compiling/linking with 11.1.072.  I know this library is included with 2013 which I also compile/link with in another project.  Is there some way to get the linker to tell me where this reference is coming from?  I don't think I should need it. 

TIA

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

If you add the linker option /verbose it will tell you which objects referenced that library. That you have such a reference says that you have at least one object or library compiled with a newer compiler. You could always add that library to the "Ignore library" list in the linker options and see if you get any errors.

Retired 12/31/2016

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today