Windows 8.1: libifcoremd.dll is missing

Windows 8.1: libifcoremd.dll is missing

I see the following Runtime Error Message when executing a simple program under Windows 8.1. Any suggestions?
I did a clean install of Win 8.1 and all software....still have problem..

Runtime Error Message:

"This program can't start because libifcoremd.dll is missing from your computer.
Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

libifcoremd.dll Location on Computer:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\Shared Libraries\redist\ia32\compiler
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\Shared Libraries\redist\intel64\compiler
C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Composer XE\redist\ia32\compiler
C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Composer XE\redist\intel64\compiler
C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Composer XE 2013 SP1\redist\ia32\compiler
C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Composer XE 2013 SP1\redist\intel64\compiler

Configuration Summary:

Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro
Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2012 Update 4
Intel Parallel Studio XE for Windows (all tools) 2013 SP1 Update 2 VS

Environment Variables:

ADVISOR_XE_2013_DIR=C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Advisor XE 2013\
CommonProgramFiles=C:\Program Files\Common Files
CommonProgramFiles(x86)=C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files
CommonProgramW6432=C:\Program Files\Common Files
ICPP_COMPILER14=C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Composer XE 2013 SP1\
IFORT_COMPILER14=C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Composer XE 2013 SP1\
INSPECTOR_XE_2013_DIR=C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Inspector XE 2013\
INTEL_DEV_REDIST=C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\Shared Libraries\
INTEL_LICENSE_FILE=C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\Licenses
Path=%INTEL_DEV_REDIST%redist\intel64\mpirt;%INTEL_DEV_REDIST%redist\ia32\mpirt;%INTEL_DEV_REDIST%redist\intel64\compiler;%INTEL_DEV_REDIST%redist\ia32\compiler;C:\Program Files\SlickEditV18.0.1 x64\win\;C:\windows\system32;C:\windows;C:\windows\System32\Wbem;C:\windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Web Platform Installer\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft ASP.NET\ASP.NET Web Pages\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.0\Windows Performance Toolkit\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\110\Tools\Binn\
PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER=Intel64 Family 6 Model 69 Stepping 1, GenuineIntel
ProgramFiles=C:\Program Files
ProgramFiles(x86)=C:\Program Files (x86)
ProgramW6432=C:\Program Files
VS110COMNTOOLS=C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0\Common7\Tools\
VTUNE_AMPLIFIER_XE_2013_DIR=C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\VTune Amplifier XE 2013\
7 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Your PATH variable seems truncated. Was there more to it?

Steve - Intel Developer Support

Here is just the PATH variable. Hopefully it is not truncated this time.

Path=C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\Shared Libraries\redist\intel64\mpirt;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\Share
d Libraries\redist\ia32\mpirt;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\Shared Libraries\redist\intel64\compiler;C:\Program Files (x
86)\Common Files\Intel\Shared Libraries\redist\ia32\compiler;C:\Program Files\SlickEditV18.0.1 x64\win\;C:\windows\system32;C:\windo
ws;C:\windows\System32\Wbem;C:\windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Web Platform Installer\;C:\Progra
m Files (x86)\Microsoft ASP.NET\ASP.NET Web Pages\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.0\Windows Performance Toolkit\;C:\Prog
ram Files\Microsoft SQL Server\110\Tools\Binn\

My win8.1 installation finds libifcoremd.dll in the composer_xe\redist\intel64\compiler PATH entry.  This is an installation with only 14.0 update 2 Intel compilers.  

The  PATH quoted above appears not to have been expanded, as if INTEL_DEV_REDIST wasn't set at the time PATH was set.  I suppose this might happen if the usual script wasn't run to make this happen

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\cmd.exe /K "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\icsxe\2013.1.046\bin\ictvars.bat"

I suppose only the icsxe\2013.1.046 part of the PATH (as well as the exact name of the .bat) would vary among default installers.  I think the Cluster and Parallel Studio don't execute the compilervars.bat intel64 script directly, although that may work.  In my experience, only the icsxe version of the installer installs update 2 in the update 1 PATH.  The various installers appear to be incompatible.

Windows being what it is, I sometimes have to reboot (and wait, and click that shortcut again) to get the compiler paths straightened out.  My VS is identical version to yours.

chauvjo, the PATH as you show it looks good to me. Tim is correct that a copy of this is in the compiler install folder, but the one under Common Files is what should be in PATH. You should not need to run the .bat file to make this available.

I have seen cases where a reboot or a logout/login is needed to make the PATH changes visible. Try that.

Rebooting fixed the problem. It does seem strange that a reboot was required since I had restarted/shutdown numerous times since completely reinstalling of Win 8.1 and all third-party software. It seems a reboot was required after I created my first Fortran project using Visual Studio 2012. Are changes made to the PATH variable the first time you create a Fortran project?

Thanks for all your help!!!

No, the changes are made when you install. But Windows has this occasional problem applying the changes right away - I don't know what triggers the issue. Creating a project or even opening Visual Studio has no effect on this.

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today