triggered a breakingpoint (libifcoremdd)

triggered a breakingpoint (libifcoremdd)

Hi, I got trouble when debugging. 

The code is finished in CVF. When I run it in IVF (0 error), it breaks.

The picture is what happened. However I have no idea how to solve it.

Thanks!

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

I see the forum is giving you some trouble with the image - how are you trying to include it?

The image you linked to doesn't have useful information.  Look for another window, probably a console window, on your taskbar. Most likely there is a runtime check error, such as an uninitialized variable or array bounds, that CVF didn't catch.

Steve - Intel Developer Support

Here's the console window.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p2p0pa68e3uc03g/console.jpg

I have checked the array PT2 which is declared as PT2(max,max,8), and I didn't see any number greater than 8 when filling in the array.

Or isn't "subscript #3" associated with the number 8?

Thanks!

I have checked the array PT2 which is declared as PT2(max,max,8), and I didn't see any number greater than 8 when filling in the array.

The runtime error message is very clear. It tells you that on line 1394 the third subscript had a value that exceeded the upper limit of 8.

You have not shown us the code, and you state that you did not see "any number greater than 8". It is not clear whether these numbers that you mention are array element values or subscript values. The error message concerns the latter.

At any rate, I do not think that you can expect much help with your problem until you post the source code or at least the relevant portions of it.

the code of line 136: CALL JACOBIAN (It's a subroutine)

line 1394 is the last line of JACOBIAN: CALL ASSEMBLE(ICALL) (also a subroutine)

So I think the code of ASSEMBLE(ICALL) subroutine may be relevant:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gd5tw915cqt8p45/code.jpg

Thanks!

The first two .JPG files that you linked to in this thread are no longer available, so we cannot see the error messages. Secondly, program source code provided in the form of an image file is next to useless.

Please attach the source files as prescribed (under "attachments"), and edit your earlier post to report the error messages inline. Please provide the entire sources, so that a reader can save the files and attempt to compile and run them.

First, let me repeat mecej4's comment; having compileable code is much better than looking at a jpg.

That said, I did see something "interesting". 

In routine ASSEMBLE, look near the line labeled with 100.

Above that there is a statement where K is used, but K is not defined within that "if ... then" clause

PT2(I, J, K) = 0.D0

--Lorri

Quote:

Lorri Menard wrote:
Above that there is a statement where K is used, but K is not defined within that "if ... then" clause

Interesting catch. I think that the IF clause gets executed first, when J <= ND1, so that the value of K after the DO K loop in the clause finishes is 8+1 = 9. This value gets used when the other clause is executed in the next iteration of the J loop. This was probably not intended, so K needs to be set to a proper value before being used as an array index.

Hi,

I think I got the point with your help!

Thanks to you all!

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today